2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 Auto 4×4 and SE
The Wolverine 450 is built for sport and utility; it is the best crossover that Yamaha has ever designed. Raptor styling and functionality is crossed with utility needs such as towing and 4WD. SE model features include Black as Night with Red trim and shock springs.
Highly functional and powerful, the 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is torquey, high revving, smooth running and extremely reliable. The fully automatic transmission with a constant belt-tensioning system is very efficient at downhill braking. On-Command gear selector allows the easy switching from 4WD to 2WD with just a push of a button.
The independent double-wishbone suspension is attached to a light, high-tense steel frame. Front travel is 6.3 inches with five-way adjustable shocks. A steel swing arm has a single shock delivering 7.1 inches of travel, and is adjustable for the varying conditions of the load or trail. Radial performance tires add to the ground clearance of 8.7 inches. Plenty of stopping power comes from hydraulic discs on the front and rear.
Comfort and aggressive style is incorporated within all aspects of this awesome crossover. A sport seat, an integrated rear rack under the seat cargo storage and dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights are just some of the cool extras.
Protection comes from the full skid plates running the length of the ATV, a wickedly cool front flat black bumper and integrated floor boards to protect the feet. A digital dash meter keeps track of all the trip necessities.
Topping off all of the sport features includes the great utility features such as a 1,100-pound towing capacity, 4WD, and dry weight of 516 pounds. This has to be the best ATV for those who like sporty but need a little bit of utility help around the farm or ranch.
- A semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver great throttle response and performance at all rpm.
- A large-capacity aluminum radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Low-maintenance shaft drives provide near-bulletproof strength and reliability.
- Full skid plates provide great undercarriage protection.
- A digital dash meter keeps track of speed and other essentials.
- An underseat storage compartment and integrated cargo racks.
- Model: YFM45FXXL; YFM45FXXGY; YFM45FXSPX
- Engine Type: 421cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC, 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5 x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt/F,N,R
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton 2WD, 4WD; shaft
- Suspension/Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 6.3-inches travel
- Suspension/Rear: Swingarm; 5-way preload-adjustable, 7.1-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brake/Rear: Hydraulic disc
- Tire/Front: AT23 x 8-12 Radial
- Tire/Rear: AT23 x 10-12 Radial
- Length: 77.9 inches Width: 41.9 inches
- Height: 43.1 inches
- Seat Height: 33.1 inches
- Wheelbase: 48.5 inches
- Ground Clearance: 8.7 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 3.8 gallons
- Dry Weight: 516 lbs
- Towing Capacity: 1,102
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Color: Team Yamaha Blue/White; Gray/Red; Special Edition Black w/Red Accents
- MSRP: ,999 (Team Yamaha Blue/White); ,999 (Gray/Red); ,249 (Special Edition Black w/Red Accents)