Pop-Up Feature Coming to ATV Trailers For 2013
September 11th, 2012 by Jason Giacchino
When it comes to ATVs and ATV riding, transportation is a big deal. After all, how many of us can truly say that our dream riding locale happens to be connected with our own yard? Well when it comes to ATV transportation, a company out of Iowa has been impressing with their Featherlite series of trailers. For 2013, they’re incorporating some pretty sweet updates certainly worthy of a closer look.
A new “pop-up” option on Featherlite car and recreational trailers highlights Featherlite’s product enhancements for its 2013 car trailers and recreational/utility trailer models.
The pop-up option, available on Featherlite enclosed car and rec/utility trailers, compresses the trailer down. With the trailer lower to the ground, it increases the visibility behind the tow vehicle and makes the trailer easier to tow and more aerodynamic. In urban areas, it also makes storage of the trailer inside easier when storage outside is not available.
Other new features and options on Featherlite car haulers and recreational trailers include:
· New “Flex Foot” ramps are now standard on Model 3110. When using the 3110’s ramps on an uneven surface, a pivoted triangle at the end of the ramps will conform to the ground and make loading and unloading easier.
· A torsion spring on the rear ramp of Models 1610, 1611 and 4926 is optional. The torsion assist hinge on the rear ramp eliminates the need for a cable assist, offering added convenience to trailer owners using the easy-to-use ramp.
· A new ‘Quiet Slide” option is available on ramps of open car hauler Model 3110 to reduce rattling and noise while driving down the road.
· Model 1610 is now standard with a convenient rear ramp, camper door and protective gravel guard.
· For transporting wider vehicles, a drive-over fender option is offered on 24-foot Model 3110. There is also an option for extra width, 82” fender to fender, which equips the trailer with full width side walls that are 18 1/2” tall.
· A new raised platform with beavertail option is available on Model 3110. This configuration will better accommodate larger vehicles and equipment.
· Butcher block countertops and a unique cabinet design are optional in Featherlite’s enclosed car haulers and recreational trailers.
· To make maneuvering the trailer easier and safer, an optional camera on the rear of the trailer is available. Updated from the 2012 option, this camera features no wires or cables and is easy to install. The camera connects to the rear clearance lights, and the 5.6” monitor comes with suction cup mount and 12 volt DC plug for easy portability.
· For added convenience and safety, all 2013 models with axles of 2.2K through 8K have EZ Lube axles and forward adjusting brakes (FSA) standard. The E-Z Lube axles make bearing lubrication quick and easy with an E-Z Lube cap that allows for easy access, extra protection and virtually no mess. Forward adjusting brakes adjust to proper clearances during travel allowing drivers to stop with confidence. It also eliminates the need for manual brake adjustments, saving time and money.
For more information on Featherlite car haulers and recreational and utility trailers, call Featherlite Trailers at 800-800-1230, visit a local dealer or go to the web here.