1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elevation is right at 500 - I think it is just the default air filter. I can't really find how the air filter assembly mounts to the atv. It has a prety long flexible hose and a round bowl for the air filter.

I ran breifly without the air filter, but it seemed to run better with it attached. I have made quite a few changes in the carb since then though.

Would you suggest running it without until I get the carb set?

Old 05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I was thinking 5000' for as rich as it's running.

It would be even richer with the filter attatched.

Im not sure any more...it is very strange that it is so rich...its the first chinese atv that I have heard of that didnt need a larger pilot and main jet.

If I had it in front of me I would start at 1.5 to 2 turns out on the fuel screw and the clip in the bottom notch. Could you do this and tell me how it runs? Does it blubber and die? or seem to starve for fuel and die?

I would also check every electrical connection and make sure its tight.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I set the needle both all the way up and all the way down. It seems to run about the same - it will idle all day long, but as soon when I give it the throttle it bogs down and dies. The plug is black, but it isn't wet.

I noticed a drip of fuel coming from the overflow on the bowl. Could this be a float problem?

Thanks,

Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

One more thing - it always idles high. Even if I move the idle screw all the way out.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default Reading and Studying and still need help

Hi,

I've read this entire thread (and great, long, informative one -- thanks!) but am still having problems.

I have a 1 year old 125CC Coolster ATV-3125B that only runs with the choke on.

I took off the carb and cleaned it.

I've tried adjusting as per this thread.

I've tried running a whole bunch of sea form through the gas as well as sprayed into the air intake.

Runs fine (not great, but okay) with the choke on.

With the choke off, it won't idle OR stay running at any throttle setting.

It's this that's thrown me for a loop. Do I understand correctly that if it won't stay running at any throttle setting than the problem is not with any specific needle/jet?

If so, then what is the problem?

This is my kid's bike and, well, you know how that goes....

Thanks very much,

Joe

Old 06-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

ihave a 2004 100 cc commando that i cant get started . who in the denver area will work on it?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by doug kinney
ihave a 2004 100 cc commando that i cant get started . who in the denver area will work on it?
try starting a fresh post and title it so, and i am sure help will come quicker in its own thread and not lost here.....

Old 08-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

I have a baja wilderness 250 and i cannot get it to start. It is not firing at all. Can you tell me what steps to take to troubleshoot this. thanks

Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegodessss
I have a baja wilderness 250 and i cannot get it to start. It is not firing at all. Can you tell me what steps to take to troubleshoot this. thanks
Im gonna assume that the engine turns over when you hit the e start button...from there you need to see if you have spark and fuel...Spark is easy to check...pull the spark plug and put it back in the plug wire/cap. Place the plug against the cases and push the e start button...there should be a blue spark at the end of the plug...if you got spark then IOd chack for fuel...disconnect the fuel line from the carb and turn the fuel on...is it flowing? If not the tank has a problem...if it flows from there, the carb is most likely dirty...some spray starter fluid in the carb with the air filter removed...I put a bit of gas in the plug hole and put the plug back in and try to fire it up...if it runs with either of these methods the carb needs cleaning..

Old 08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

Ok, it has spark and its getting gas from the tank but its not gettind gas to the plug. I am including 2 pics of the carb with little white arrows pointing to 2 different adjustment screws. The guy I bought it from said he twisted and turned on both of these so they are not in adjustment at all. What are the adjustments I need to set them at? Also the little brass one in the second pic acts like it is suppose to have a spring on it. Unless its screwed in all the way, it feels loose when unscrewed even a tiny bit.

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-screws.jpg   HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...-screw.jpg  

Last edited by gamegodessss; 08-07-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: forgot to ad a question

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...