1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

No spark GIO 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark GIO 110cc

I purchased 4 of the 110cc GIO atv from allstarz. Have been fairly happy with all but 1. I cant get no spark out of it. I have ruled out the CDI and coil(swapped with one from running bike). Wiring seems fine with the blk/wht wire not being grounded out (which rules out rear safety switch and kill switch). Any idea on how to test if the CDI is getting the firing signal? Any other suggestions on where to troubleshoot as well?

Old 04-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Range Rover
Default No spark GIO 110cc

sounds like another wire connector problem, what i do is take a small screw driver and insert it in back of the each wire where it goes into the connector, i hold the connector in one hand push with the screw driver with the other hand i do this to all wires after the both connectors are together, of course i only do this if their's a problem with the atv not running or if theirs an intermitten starting problem , what happens is alot of times the terminals are loose in the connector from the factory and when the male connector is snapped into the female connector the loose wire will just pull back and not make contract. also sometimes the female terminal is flatten out completely and the male terminal is just laying on top and not plugged in

Old 08-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okay i bought this atv from Gio 110cc 2011 4stroke and I just rode it once and then the next day i started it, it didnt start up like there is no click and no spark and nothing only headlight working and brake light. I tryed everything open the battery and it was fully charged. What is the Problem plz reply back and help me.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AtVmAsTeR123456
Okay i bought this atv from Gio 110cc 2011 4stroke and I just rode it once and then the next day i started it, it didnt start up like there is no click and no spark and nothing only headlight working and brake light. I tryed everything open the battery and it was fully charged. What is the Problem plz reply back and help me.
Here is the diagram I have of the 110cc giovanni (click the diagram to make it bigger):

No spark GIO 110cc-another-giovanni-110cc-wiring-diagram_fixed.jpg

The starter motor safety interlock requires that in addition to turning on the ignition and pushing the start button, you must have the brakes applied. Since your quad is new I just wanted to make sure that you are applying the brakes (and the brake light is lit up) while you are pushing the start button.

Assuming you remembered about the brake interlock, next try jumping the solenoid to see if the battery and starter are OK:

1) Follow the fat red wire from the battery to the starter solenoid input screw post. Identify the fat wire from the _other_ solenoid screw post to the starter motor.

2) Set the brake, and make sure you are in neutral. You are about to bypass the starter safety interlock. If the quad starts in the next step you want it to stay put...

3) Turn on the ignition switch. Take the shank of a screwdriver and short those two screw posts in step #1 together. Don't mind a few sparks.

Does the starter motor turn?

Does the quad start up?

Look at the starter solenoid and you will see two small wires feeding it in addition to the big wires on the screw posts. When you apply 12 volts across those two wires, current flows into a small coil inside which generates a magnetic field, which sucks down a steel plate, which shorts together those two screw post just like you did with a screwdriver shank.

Based on what you find with the above tests (like starter turns and the quad starts up) we may need to find out why 12 volts isn't getting to the small solenoid input wires. But if your starter motor doesn't turn then we need to go down a different path.

You'll need a meter to proceed. They're cheap these days, and a powerful tool that you will probably need a lot with chinese quads .

Old 12-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did u find the trouble I have same trouble.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Banned

Sounds like the Stator, but you will need to do more testing.