1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 110cc shifting problems

Old 07-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 110cc shifting problems

ok i have a kazuma 110cc quad i bought used and put new magneto on it and started right up. ok now the 1st and 2nd gear does not work they are acting like they are in neutral but 3rd and reverse work with no problem what could the problem be need new clutch?? dont know any help will be apreciated thanks!!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum jay shawn !

Does this engine have reverse as a down shift? and the 3 forward gears as a upshift? If so does it actually feel like it shifts into 1st and 2nd? or go straight into 3rd? If it moves in 3rd and reverse the clutch is more than likely ok..

Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

its weird the gears are 321nr the 3rd gear is working and reverse so im thinking the gears are bad

Old 07-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a similar problem with a Hi-Bird 110. My wife used it all day yesterday (over 100 degrees) pulling a lawn cart around the yard with a few hundred pounds of dirt in it at a time. After about 8 hours of intermitant use it just acts like it is in neutral. I can feel it shift into gear but then it will not pull. It does this in both forward and reverse. I am guessing clutch but don't know what kind it is or where to find it. The engine is a 1P52FMH. Can anyone tell me where to start? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:00 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

jay shawn, It would be pretty tough to destroy 2 gears, and not hear any nasty noises when you shift. Id guess a shifting fork got bent and it doesnt allow the gears to engage. Unfortunately the cases need to be split to take a look.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:04 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Welcome to the forum kbirdjr!

Im not sure if you wore out your clutch completely or it just got worn out enough to slip. On the right side of the engine(when your sitting on the quad) there is a screw/nut/washer combo sticking out of the cases. Loosen the nut and back it off a turn or so...do this while holding the screw with a screw driver. Then tighten the screw so it bottoms out, but doesnt bind on the nut....after it bottoms out turn the screw out 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn and tighten the nut(while holding the screw in place). This is the proper adjustment of the auto clutch....if this doesnt fix the problem you will need new clutch plates..

Old 07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I will try that this evening. If that doesn't work, what kind of clutch does it have and where do I find parts?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

you can get a new clutch from ebay like 40 bucks i finally found a new motor for mine and runs like a champ thanks

Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Welcome to the forum kbirdjr!

Im not sure if you wore out your clutch completely or it just got worn out enough to slip. On the right side of the engine(when your sitting on the quad) there is a screw/nut/washer combo sticking out of the cases. Loosen the nut and back it off a turn or so...do this while holding the screw with a screw driver. Then tighten the screw so it bottoms out, but doesnt bind on the nut....after it bottoms out turn the screw out 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn and tighten the nut(while holding the screw in place). This is the proper adjustment of the auto clutch....if this doesnt fix the problem you will need new clutch plates..
I looked at it and could not find the adjustment screw you described. Did I mention that it is a semi-automatic transmission? I don't know if that makes a difference, but there is no hand clutch, just let off the gas then shift with foot. Should it be visable or do I need to remove a cover? I haven't torn into it
very much but it looks like it might just be easier to romove the entire engine from the ATV so I can access everything. I was searching last night and I found this site Kazuma ATV Parts - Falcon 110cc Engine Parts - Kazuma Falcon 110cc Engine Complete - $399.95 - KazumaPartsOnline.com that engine looks exactly like what I have.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:37 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by kbirdjr
I looked at it and could not find the adjustment screw you described. Did I mention that it is a semi-automatic transmission? I don't know if that makes a difference, but there is no hand clutch, just let off the gas then shift with foot. Should it be visable or do I need to remove a cover? I haven't torn into it
very much but it looks like it might just be easier to romove the entire engine from the ATV so I can access everything. I was searching last night and I found this site Kazuma ATV Parts - Falcon 110cc Engine Parts - Kazuma Falcon 110cc Engine Complete - $399.95 - KazumaPartsOnline.com that engine looks exactly like what I have.
It should be under that cover on the right side...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kazuma 110cc shifting problems