1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

help diagnose stator

Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by babyblossom69ss
the brakes are on the handles it has no foot brakes
look at the back left side under the grab bar for a teeter switch plug may be loss

Old 08-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Trailblazer

this post really helped me out thank you lynn.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default you say this post helped

can you post how this post helped you?? what was the problem and what di you fix to help your problem.. others who have your same problems need to know what did fix the problem..

The following users liked this post:
TamsRottCrazy (07-16-2022)
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

[QUOTE=gozrstubs;2862305]could someone please tell me how to test a stator i have for wires of it they are a yellow, white, green,yellow/blue wire
also how do you test a cdi?i have these wire coming from cdi on one plug i have a yellow/black, green, and a blue/white and other plug a black/red wire. i have only just bought this quad and dont no nothing about it,i havent seen it runnin and no there is no spark, i dont no if there is wires missing or what
need help asap goin to set it on fire lol

please help cheers chris,[/
Sure. The yellow and white wire carry AC voltage when engine is running. Green=to ground. yellow with blue stripe wire carries the signal to the CDI and tells the CDI when to fire. The other wire is the black with stripe red. that wire carries the voltage( around 97.5-99.5 AC volts) to the CDI on a good working magneto. Its really hard to check all the electronic devices if you dont have the right equipment. The other possible cause could be the ignition coil.
Check the connections on all of this wires. Also if the kill switch is defective. it will ground the wire black with stripe white and you wont get any spark. this wire goes to the CDI. if you arent sure that this wire could be grounding some where; disconnect it from the CDI. Notice: only this wire, leave the other wires connected

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

I just tested the ohms on my CDI. It is a 70cc peacesports atv. I'm getting everything but spark as well. I assume from what I've been reading in this post that this is a AC powered CDI as it has 5 pins with a black/red wire. Here is a diagram of my stator plug and ohms.
Name:  StatorOhmreadings.jpg
Views: 4558
Size:  16.7 KB
And here is my CDI plug.
Name:  CDIconnector.jpg
Views: 3785
Size:  12.8 KB

Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a yamaha 350 warrior and it lost spark but i dont now if it is the stator or not becaouse with out the battery when you pull start it the lights come on. can any one give me any advise on what i could be?

Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have same problem no spark i have green/white and blue/white at the stator and i got a 5 pin cdi and a 6 pin cdi but no loom i got to make one and dnt know which cdi is right for my quad plus i dnt know what wires go were on cdi please could anyone help me my quad is a loncin 250cc

Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by atvwxm
i have same problem no spark i have green/white and blue/white at the stator and i got a 5 pin cdi and a 6 pin cdi but no loom i got to make one and dnt know which cdi is right for my quad plus i dnt know what wires go were on cdi please could anyone help me my quad is a loncin 250cc
You have no loom at all? Or do you have a hacked loom that needs to be fixed?

Wiring up a whole quad is a *very* big project. Almost always it is easier to fix a hacked loom then make a new one from scratch.

250cc engines usually use the 6 pin CDI, but then the next question is whether this CDI is good or not. Where did you get it? And is it DC powered or AC powered? Do you know? (They look identical, so just looking at it won't help). All this needs to be resolved to go forward...

You'll definately need a good meter to proceed... .

If you look at the wires coming out of your stator area through the engine cover, how many wires are there, and what are the colors?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Gio 110cc Hummer II will not start!

Hi, Just bought this ATV online from Parnus (BC, Canada). And had a slight setback at first getting it started. Need to find the "sweet spot" in the chock setting. Got that figured out and it ran well for about 2 days. Then:

1. When riding it it would just die. Like it ran out of gas. It would turn over some and at first start ok then go a few feet and die again. Then nothing. It was as if the battery was dead and it would not turn over. So recharged the battery and it will turn over for about a minute. Then noting and the battery dies again. When it is running at few seconds there is a "rat-at-tat tat" sound coming from the engine (not sure from where)

So far I have:
- charged the battery
- Change the plug from the piece of ***** to new NGK
- check the wiring some (not good at all using a multimeter)
- took the cover off and look at the Stator. No visible signs that it is burnt out, but not sure. There was a wierd burning small the first couple of time we where on the ATV that I could not see where it was coming from so might have be that.

I don't really know how to test the Stator, Starter, rectifier or CDI. I don't even see where the CDI is on the ATV????

Also there was a "cracking" sound coming from the motor after about the 3 time it was ridin. I read that this can happen and just tight the head cover (4 bolts) and that would fix it. I read that it is comin for the bolts to be loose at first and the compression escape causing the noice. but once the engin heats up the noise disappears and that was was going on with our. I tighten up the bolts, but have not had the ATV running long enough to see if that fixed it.

If some one can tell me what else to look for that would be great. I have an 8 year boy who is going nuts waiting to ride it lol...

Any advice would be much appreciated. Sorry for long post.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

you say your quad looks like a raptor i have the same i think check baja 90cc they also come in 150 cc and 200cc 250cc i have the 200cc if its like mine you have 4 to your barrel and you cant find parts for them you'll have to splice wires i live in canada so it might be diff from the states tho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help diagnose stator