1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

2 stroke vs 4 stroke 50 CC

Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 stroke vs 4 stroke 50 CC

Looking to buy a 50CC class quad for my son who is getting ready to turn 5.

I have it narrowed down to two. Money is tight and I'm leaning towards the cheaper one although my wife is liking the more expensive one.

**FREE S/H**NEW STYLE BLACK 49CC ATV 2 STROKE MINI QUAD : eBay Motors (item 110504542590 end time Mar-11-10 18:51:58 PST)

or this one

Cool Power Sports - ATV's

anyone own either one of these? I think the bottom one is a Kazuma

Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I would avoid the little 2 stroke thing like the plague...Cant imagine it would last as long as the 4 stroke..

Old 03-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Trailblazer

Have you had experience with the 2 stroke machine?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

No..not that one. but did have a friend of my sons with a pit bike that had a similar motor.. always thought it would be nice to buy one and hang it on my wall... didnt take too long and they blew up the motor.. Now its rolling chassis is hanging on the wall of my shop..

By looking at the pics of both machines the 4 stroke seems to have much better suspension.. The frame looks a lot stronger too.. But you never know, and there is a part of me would like you to get the 2 stroke so we could all find out if its any good..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I've seen a few of those selling used around here for 100 dollars. Still wouldn't buy it. One ad said his kid rode it once and was afraid of it. With that front suspension, I would be too.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

I didn't realize it didn't have front shocks.
OK so the more expensive one is winning. It's a private branded Kazuma.
The dealer wants $500 plus tax for the 50CC model, $549 for the 70CC model.
I asked about a warranty and he wants $100 to put a one year parts only warranty on it. Otherwise I am left to deal with the factory on my own if something breaks.
I guess if it's AS-IS I need to take it for a spin around the lot before I buy. I hope it will hold all 230 pounds of me.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by jethrob
I didn't realize it didn't have front shocks.
OK so the more expensive one is winning. It's a private branded Kazuma.
The dealer wants $500 plus tax for the 50CC model, $549 for the 70CC model.
I asked about a warranty and he wants $100 to put a one year parts only warranty on it. Otherwise I am left to deal with the factory on my own if something breaks.
I guess if it's AS-IS I need to take it for a spin around the lot before I buy. I hope it will hold all 230 pounds of me.
Does it come with a 90 day or 6 mos parts warranty on its own? Does this guy have a decent supply of parts in stock?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Trailblazer

It has a one year manufactures parts warranty. However the dealer won't honor it unless you pay him $100 when you buy the wheeler. He said you have to deal with the MFG unless you pay him. His warranty is just for parts too, no labor.

I have no idea of his stock on hand.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jethrob
It has a one year manufactures parts warranty. However the dealer won't honor it unless you pay him $100 when you buy the wheeler. He said you have to deal with the MFG unless you pay him. His warranty is just for parts too, no labor.

I have no idea of his stock on hand.
I doubt Kazuma has a one year manufacturer warranty, that is even more than Honda or Suzuki. So, get parts from mfg, big deal.

The warranty and parts are ONLY as good as the manufacturer. Recently, we had a long thread about person who bought a brand new atv, immediately had broken parks and requested replacements directly from the manufacturer. Within a month or two it went bankrupt and the doors were slammed shut, no more service, no more parts.

Do remember, many if not all warranty do not cover breakage from any sort of abuse or hard riding. Don't be surprised to get the line "Well, this does not look like a manufacturer DEFECT or It's worn out", so tough luck.

Many folks have their hands full finding parts and keeping these things going, period. I would not personally want to add another headache fighting about warranty issues.

If you think it will be ridden lightly and not much then maybe you will not need much replaced in the first year.

Kazuma is a "name brand" chinese mfg. so that is a plus. I would do some homework, call the manufacturer support line directly and ask about the procedure for getting warranty parts directly from them if your closest dealer is across the state. Any small reseller or shop can go belly up overnight, especially in these economic times. I would not bet my $100 that they are going to be around when you need parts. If you know these guys are SOLID and are SURE they will be around in a year and can get you parts and no hassles about warranty issues, then great.

Lastly, still the labor charges would need to be paid and that can add up quickly with these things. If you are not planning on doing any service and repair yourself, you might want to avoid these things all together.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

.....I think the "dealer" is full of it - thats not a private label Kazuma. In no way shape or form does it resemble a Kazuma in any way.....mechanical or plastic wise. Ive got both a Wombat and Meerkat (Kazuma's 50cc ATVs) setting behind me.....I see no resemblance at all.

Not saying its a bad ATV or a bad deal.....just saying that aint a Kazuma, private label or not.

.....and stay away from the little 2 stroke things.....they are turds. Even if they werent I would rather have electric start like on the 4 stroke vs the pull start on the little 2 stroke. That alone would be worth the extra money to me.......and to your son when he learn how to start it on his own. That wont be an option with the pull start......havent seen a little kid yet that could pull start anything.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2 stroke vs 4 stroke 50 CC