1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma meerkat 50cc

Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma meerkat 50cc

hi all, just wondering would anyone have a indetailed wiring diagam for this quad? i am asking as my wiring loom seems to be really badly butchered, ie 4 earths joining to one then to negative on the battery and 2-3 possitives going to 1 wire then to the possitive on the battery, also cant get the start button to work, the last time i tryed to start it , it would even as much as click, so tryed to check for power etc with one of then clip onto chassis and touch for power kinda things and i seem to get power going to the starter solinoid but not coming out the other end to the starter, also tryed another one that worked, and it still does the same, could anyone shed any light on this please, bearing in mind im new to this kind of thing thanks. jonathan

Old 06-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

First I make sure that whoever hacked up this wiring didn't take out the main fuse. You *must* have a fuse (like 7 to 10 amps) in line with the positive battery wiring path that feeds everything other than the big heavy wires to the starter motor and starter solenoid. Without a fuse, a short somewhere in the wiring loom could cause instant fire.

I looked, and I don't have a meerkat 50cc wiring diagram. I have a meerkat 50cc manual, but sadly no wiring diagram inside . But I bet the wiring is very similar to the 110cc giovanni wiring diagram posted in some recent threads here.

To check you battery and solenoid try the tests outlined in this very recent thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...-no-start.html

Also remember that the start button won't do anything unless the ignition is on *and* the brake is pushed (look at the brake light - it must be "on").

Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

ah brilliant, ive just remembered my brake was kinda stuck on , so i had to unscrew the brake cable nearly all the way out, would this affect it? thanks

Old 06-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

...my brake was kinda stuck on , so i had to unscrew the brake cable nearly all the way out, would this affect it? ...
I don't know on your particular quad. If adjusting the cable affects the brake switch setting then the answer could be yes. Normally the way to tell if the brake switch is closed is to look at the brake light on see if it is on. But after looking at a few meercat pic's, I'm not sure there is a brake light.

Try adjusting the brake cable tighter again and see if that makes a difference.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

finally got it running, but in the end i went and bought a new loom and ignition barrel, fires up no problem now, just £90 lighter tho thanks