1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

My yamoto 150cc just aint got the power no more

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My yamoto 150cc just aint got the power no more

Hi i was just wonderin if anyone could help me. I have a yamoto 150cc automatic had it for about a year now. When i first got the ATV the torque and speed i manged to get out of this ATV was brilliant. Until i decided to let my brother have a go after he rolled it that was it the power was gone. My Yamoto will start first time but when i get it on the straight it just stays at a slow steady speed even at full throttle. I did have a split in the intake manifold. So i thought that was the problem i could be loseing compression here but i have replaced the part and it still just aint got the power. PLEASE HELP

Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can anyone please help i really want to get my quad out again but it just aint got the power. 40 views no reply please help.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

First go through these steps and make sure that your motor isn't losing compression.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...iming-gy6.html

I would pull the carb off, open the fuel bowl, and then remove and clean the jets. Clean both the large jet and the small jet. Also, pull the fuel line and blow it out, then make sure you have a new fuel filter and a new spark plug.

This will give you a good start at what to look for.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks mate, going try this today and hopefully it should get it working better. Will let ye know how things go over the next day or 2. Do ye know any were i can get some information on the CVT belt as my quad is a automatic. An when i first got me quad when i was rideing it i could here my engine changeing sounds as it changed gears automatically and this no longer happens. Sounds like it is constantley in first gear should of metioned this in first post. Thanks