Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Chinese Quads » 1) Engine problems..
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 11-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Best Chinese Brands

Hey all I have a quick question for you. What is the best brands of Chinese ATV and why? I am looking to buy a 250cc in the early spring like January or February (Winter in other places) but I want to try and get my moneys worth as I can't afford a Japanese ATV and I really want to ride my "own" ATV instead of a loaner from a friend. Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

i hear a lot of good things about JetMoto. i've thought about buying one of them. here lately, all i've been working on is Hibirds, kazumas, and SunLs.

III John 4
if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time.
never play another man's game, you'll always lose.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Zongshen is pretty high up on the list....I have a Zongshen 250 sport quad and so far i am liking it .....well till we were 3/4 of the way to where we were going yesterday and the throttle cable broke lol
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Zongshen how is parts availibility? Do you have any pictures of yours I could see, also where did you purchase?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I havn't had to buy any parts till i noticed that I didn't have a chain tensioner anymore lol but was told by a local m/c repair place that one can be matched to it ....as far as getting parts I do not see why it would be hard as Zongshen seems to be a pretty big company with many m/c / atv branches.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Chinese brand? There really isn't such a thing. They are ALL built with a slew of various 'Chinese brand' parts and the combination changes continuously. There isn't a single branded machine.

That being said, don't let that scare you off, but don't sweat a "brand-name" either. For buying used, get what suits your needs and abilities for your price range. For buying new, go with a reputable online source or local dealer. Taotao seems to be a big player these days.

Joel
Old 11-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
2007 Jetmoto 150 Sport
My Garage

Here are some pics, video and information about my 4 Jetmotos on my Jetmoto web site listed below. These have been fun for our immediate family but If I was simply buying one atv for myself to ride with extended family and friends I would buy used big 4! My Jet 250's do not hold a candle to big 4 utility atv's and that is what everyone else is riding. I would not even consider spending over $2000 for a Chinese utility when there are so many good used big 4's out there for the same price!
07 Jetmoto 150 Red
07 Jetmoto 250 Blue
07 Jetmoto 250 Red
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Outofline...I think you must live near my boss, he lives in Clearfield, UT near the lake where you guys have been riding. I have watched some videos of yours and seen most of the pictures you have taken. Seems like a really good time, nice ATV's and nice family fun. Thanks for sharing and your opinion.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Garage is empty, add now

I sold a 89 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 to a friend 3 years ago that still rides great, it still would be much more reliable then a NEW 2011 Chinese 4x4 and can be purchased even cheaper.

Same with the 2000 450 Honda Foreman I sold ,also to a friend. I always bought used ATVs and never had a problem with them.
5.25 gas tank.
============
2007 350 Grizzly
IRS
Diff lock.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

whats sort of use do you want for it
Old 12-19-2010, 08:12 AM

Tags
2010, 2011, 4x4, atv, brands, china, chineese, chinese, deal, highest, japanese, quad, quads, rated, top