1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Hanma 110cc wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You absolutely need a fuse. 7 amp is the right value for 110cc. Put the fuse close to the battery.

A quad battery can put out 150 amps into a short circuit. Without a fuse in the way a short can vaporize wires and cause instant fire.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we got two running quads, rewired and everything. once we started tearing into them we found melted wires bad solder you name it. Thank You Lynn your wiring diagrams worked for us. We ended up using your diagram you drew up, using only one kill switch. using the existing kill and starter button. I do have one bad CDI, and one bad Starter relay but it will start with a screw driver. I cant thank you enough.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Question Sunl Hanma R9 electrical issue

I bought a Sunl Hanma R9 for my son in March of 09. Since I've had it, I have had nothing but problems with it. I think it has been in getting fixed more than it has been at my house. The most recent problem I encountered is when trying to start it. First off, it doesn't start easy, it usually takes some cranking before it will start and when it does, it doesn't stay running unless I give it gas for 30-40 seconds. Now is the part that has me baffled. I am a Mechanical Engineer and understand electrical to some degree, but I can't figure this one out. When I try to start it, the wires coming from the battery get hot. I can not find any shorts, broken wires, bare wire or anything that could be grounding. The fuses don't pop either. I took it to the guy I bought it from which sells them for a buddy that is a dealer. He is also a mechanic, but I took it to him in early September and apparently he doesn't want my business so I am finally picking it up tonight to eitehr work on it myself or take it elsewhere. With no shorts anywhere, I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 70rsss396
I bought a Sunl Hanma R9 for my son in March of 09. Since I've had it, I have had nothing but problems with it. I think it has been in getting fixed more than it has been at my house. The most recent problem I encountered is when trying to start it. First off, it doesn't start easy, it usually takes some cranking before it will start and when it does, it doesn't stay running unless I give it gas for 30-40 seconds. Now is the part that has me baffled. I am a Mechanical Engineer and understand electrical to some degree, but I can't figure this one out. When I try to start it, the wires coming from the battery get hot. I can not find any shorts, broken wires, bare wire or anything that could be grounding. The fuses don't pop either. I took it to the guy I bought it from which sells them for a buddy that is a dealer. He is also a mechanic, but I took it to him in early September and apparently he doesn't want my business so I am finally picking it up tonight to eitehr work on it myself or take it elsewhere. With no shorts anywhere, I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. Anyone have any suggestions?
Im not sure what to tell you other than check to see if your have the right amp fuse. the carb problem sounds like a clogged jet one of mine had a clogged main jet and it had a similar problem as you described. they are real easy to take apart and clean just use carb cleaner and compressed air. there are post in here on how to do that just use search maybe start a new post and Lynn Edwards will chime in about the electrical problem. I have learned alot just by searching on here.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by 70rsss396
.... Now is the part that has me baffled. I am a Mechanical Engineer and understand electrical to some degree, but I can't figure this one out. When I try to start it, the wires coming from the battery get hot. I can not find any shorts, broken wires, bare wire or anything that could be grounding. The fuses don't pop either....
1) What wire(s) are getting hot?

2) Is it the heavy gauge wire(s) going to the starter motor, or wires going through the fuse into the main harness?

3) Are the hot wires uniformly hot over their entire length, or are the wires getting hot only at some points (like at connection points)?

4) What is the value of the fuse (in amps)? It should be something like 7 amps.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Boys went nuts Christmas morning when they walked into the garage and found two four wheelers. These quads worked flawlesly all day. My oldest went through two tanks of gas already on his. I was a little nervous on christmas eve i still could'nt get one of them running right. I must of pulled the carb off three times and each time found junk in the jets man those holes are small. I was a little worried about how cold is was christmas moring I think it was 3 degrees outside, but they fired right up and ran great all day. thanks to all who helped me get these going it my made my boys christmas and mine.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 AM
Electrical Expert

Awesome.

Thanks for reporting back...

Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do you adjust the valves on these quads and what do i set it too? I heard somewhere that you set them to .004 I came across a youtube video somehow but now I cant seem to find it again could someone please chime in and help me out . this is just for future referance I don't think I have a valve problem but i would like to check it to make sure I dont.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by skyj
How do you adjust the valves on these quads and what do i set it too? I heard somewhere that you set them to .004 I came across a youtube video somehow but now I cant seem to find it again could someone please chime in and help me out . this is just for future referance I don't think I have a valve problem but i would like to check it to make sure I dont.
Look at this thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...es-brakes.html

Scroll down a ways for valve info.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks once again Lynn,

I read that other thread I will check my clearances on them.

Im still having to pull the carb on one every so often to clean it out. I put a inline filter on the fuel line but stuff still must be getting in cause its plugged everytime. but when it runs it runs good.

Quick Reply: Hanma 110cc wiring problems