1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma Falcon 110-4SAR troublshoot (wont start)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 110-4SAR troubleshoot (wont start)

Hello everyone im new to this forum i have used it quite often in the last weeks since i aquired the kazuma falcon 110 im trying to get running. It was running several months ago and about 2 weeks ago i noticed it sounded like something was wrong when i turned it over it made a sort of banging noise in the case. i also noticed that there was too much oil in it which i wasnt aware of the amount it required i am a fool for this i know (drained it and replaced with new oil castrol 20w-50 motorcycle oil to right below h on sight glass ). But, any ways my first thought were it jumped timing and piston was hitting valve or something and that was cause so i reset the timing t top dead center.... timing sprocket mark pointing at the left side groove ect. now it will turn over smooth but will not crank. things i have done starting from back when i got it which it didnt run then either. replaced spark plug with ngk c7hsa, replaced the coil with performance one orange color, replaced cdi with a high performance one the blue one with green light, stator because one that was in it when got it had some how gotten pinched and it shorted the wires out and melted a few which i had to take whole wiring harness apart and check them all. after all that got it running ran great for a few months then all this started. when i removed the valve covers to adjust or check the bottom one had alot of oil in it idk if thats norm or not so i removed valve head and checked the gasket looked fine while i had apart checked piston it looked great not much carbon built up no oil in cylinder great compression, cleaned valves with a soft bristled brush and replaced gaskets bolted back together. it gets fire i shocked my self multiple times testing coil lol and shoots spark off end of plug when close to metal on frame, it doesnt have a battery any longer so i jump start with car batt and norm ride it without one ( maybe bad idea but i dont think thats what caused noise) i dont dog it or run it hard i use it to drive around yard with my 1 year old she loves it so i need to get it running i hope can find an answer here . thanks and sorry for running sentences and such. if you need any other info i will provide pics video ect needed thanks once again.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 06-14-2015, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Been a few days no comments this community dead or is it still a valid source for help with these quads? Im willing to hear anything try my next guess is the starter clutch is the sound i was hearing main reason for theory is the area the sound was coming from and sometimes when i turn the magneto with ratchet it spins but the sprocket directly behind it doesn't. also would the high level oil blow the oil seals in the jug and be cause for oil in bottom valve cover or is oil supposed to be in there?

Old 06-14-2015, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's kind of hard to read what you wrote when you don't paragraph it.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Oil is supposed to be in the valve cover, that is what lubricates the cam and followers. The starter clutch moves one way and not the other, so it spins free in one direction only. Knocks can be bad to find, but only you can find it as you have the parts in front of you. A worn big end bearing, loose cam chain, piston slap, loose valve seats and a host of other things cause knocking.

The following users liked this post:
MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 06-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

@merryman First off thank you you have given many good choices to try but if it was a big end bearing would it still be knocking when turning it over? it no longer makes the noise now that i reset the timing. i haven't checked the valve clearances i don't have a gauge yet but i ordered one so will check those soon. Cam chain was tight when i set timing. i am close to splitting the case and checking the right side internals does any one have a engine diagram i haven't found one for reference and would help me a lot.

MPdano why even comment?

Old 06-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TegraQuad

MPdano why even comment?
Because I can. I was going to try and help you. But lost all what the issue was with the way you write.

Anyways, moving on. I will stay off your threads in the future.

Old 06-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

here you go i didn't notice till i reread it that it is kinda hard to understand for some people.

2 weeks ago noticed a banging kinda noise coming from behind the left side cover when i turned it over. sound wasn't like something slapping more like nuts and bolts in a blender sound.

i am trying pin point the problem. it no longer does it after i reset the timing. but now it will not start but turns over smoothly. i am afraid it might have damaged something internal and causing it to not start.

One thing i noticed when it was making sound is it would force gas out carburetor and before started making sound would run but when given gas would sputter and backfire.

Another thing is when i drained oil it was really over filled i didn't know that because it doesn't have a dip stick and it looked like it was at right level on sight glass but when i drained fluid it took a minute pouring to actually come down on sight glass to tell where level was and was well over h(igh) level.

Battery is shot so having to use a extra car battery to start it. will running it with bad battery mess it up?

Things i have done since owning it a few months ago

1. changed oil was really dark and probably long over due (used castrol 20w-50 motorcycle oil)

2.i replaced the coil and cdi with a performance one (see picture)

3.i replaced plug with a recommended one ngk c7hsa
4. replaced air box with slip on air filter
5.cleaned carburetor

@MPdano didn't mean to come off like that but hope this helps and maybe you have an idea please accept apology and help me fix this.

MemawD (08-24-2020)
Old 06-16-2015, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

It is possible the carb float stuck and the engine got full of fuel, this would explain the overfilled sump and some other symptoms. As it won't start now, check the plug is sparking by taking it out, re-fitting the lead and laying it on the head. Turn the engine over on the starter. If you are getting a spark, check compression. If you are not getting a spark, check wiring, then re-fit the original coil, CDI etc.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TegraQuad
here you go i didn't notice till i reread it that it is kinda hard to understand for some people.

What do you mean by "some people"?

Please include me in that category too...

MemawD (08-24-2020)

Quick Reply: Kazuma Falcon 110-4SAR troublshoot (wont start)