1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

will not start with push button

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will not start with push button

Ok so i picked up a fairly new 125cc quad. No name anywhere on the quad????? so I was told it was running and all of a sudden died they where able to jumper across the solenoid and then it starts up but not as easy as usual. SO i got it in my hands and lurked around I also could only start it by jumpering the solenoid so i tore into it and found a bad "main " fuse( not burnt but coming apart) replaced it bamm started right up things were great went for a short test drive and it DIED on me would not turn over with the push button start had to push it back to the house. checked the fuse again but no longer the problem push button is supplying ground but no trunover once again i can jumper the solenoid and it will start a little more difficult for some reason but it will start. so current problem is that i have to jump the solenoid to start the quad ..... ANY IDEAS??????? thanks for your help!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

There is an interlock safety circuit that keeps the quad from engaging the starter unless the brake is applied. This keeps the quad from starting up in gear and taking off unexpectedly. It is very much like the safety mechanisms in cars that keep the car from cranking unless the transmission in in park or neutral....

So turn on the ignition and apply the brake. Look at your brake light. I must be lit up or the quad won't crank. If it isn't then check your brake switch(es). Usually either brake (front or back) if applied will satisphy the interlock. The brake light being lit up is the key feature to look for.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats it! thanks for your help feel kinda dumb........ oh well that wont happen anymore! Learn something everyday