1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

china 110cc starter button doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by steviec1966
thank you for getting back to me i am thinking about through a relay but i cant seem to get my head around it lol . the three wires from my start cluster are black /white trace green and yellow with red trace this is live as soon as the ignition is on i have control of the ignition through the remote and kill though the remote but the start is bugging me thank you
I'm putting together your posts from multiple locations and maybe understanding what you are are attempting... Let's verify that...:

I think you're trying to add a remote control module to and existing (and working) Kazuma Falcon 90. Am I right?

If so, where did you get this remote module? Did this module come with any documentation that you could send via email? Do you have a wiring diagram of your kazuma falcon 90?

What do you mean by "three wires from my start cluster"? What is a start cluster?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black wire

Originally Posted by arbowman
Thanks again Lynn! You are awesome! Here's an update on quad 2: I wired the solenoid wire that wasn't going to the brake lights to a loose green ground wire coming from harness that was tied into the other green ground wires. There was also a lose wire that went to the starter button and the alarm but the wire coming back from the starter button wasn't grounded so there was no power being sent to the starter when the button is pushed. So, I just grounded the wire coming back from the start button and everything works great! Weird huh? Is that how the remote start works-by grounding and ungrounding the starter circuit like in Plan A through the alarm/remote module? It makes sense to me. Maybe if I had the remote I could have figured out if the alarm/remote was locking it out. The brake lights, lockout switch, ignition switch, and starter button all work like they should now except the ignition switch won't shut off the quad because the alarm is disconnected. You mentioned something about that in your last response. I am not sure about the history of this quad. Somebody has been messing with it though. The original coil had one wire coming from it that was not hooked up. It didn't look original. I swapped it out with a coil from a parts quad and then I had spark. Also, there was the wrong carb spacer. It was way too big and would leak air and rev high. It definently wasn't original so I swapped that spacer for the right size and it ran fine. All is good with quad 2 except getting the battery to stay charged. I just need to put it on the slow charger for while.

Here is an update on quad 1: This quad does not have an alarm. It does not have an ignition switch either which is strange. I think somebody had been messing with this one too. There were a couple of wires coming from the front of the harness that were not connected to anything and they didn't have any connectors on them. The wires were the fused red power wire coming from the battery, the black wire coming from the brake switches, and a green ground wire. So, I connected the red power wire to the black brake switch wire. The brake lights come on and the starter button works! The starter button was not grounded but the solenoid was so it looks like it is wired like in Plan B even though it is a bigger quad that doesn't have a remote. Quad 2 with a remote is wired like Plan A. It is like they are backwards! The only thing that doesn't work right on quad 1 is the headlights do not come on until the quad is running. Any idea why that is?

So, in summary both quads are now working great! Thanks again Lynn! Those wiring diagrams and your insight were very helpful!
hi there's a black wire with a round loop like it goes on some post or screw its coming from the alarm will this keep the start button from working, Dame0927

Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 AM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by Dame0927
hi there's a black wire with a round loop like it goes on some post or screw its coming from the alarm will this keep the start button from working, Dame0927

Wow, Dame0927:

A black wire with a ring terminal on it is not much to go on. Alarms have nothing to do with starting. Much, much more info is needed to be able to help you.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Wow, Dame0927:

A black wire with a ring terminal on it is not much to go on. Alarms have nothing to do with starting. Much, much more info is needed to be able to help you.

Dame0927:

I see you made another post in the Signature Test Forum:

Hi , I'm stuck on a situation we have a chinese 110cc atv it won't start without being jumped with a jump box i tried to start it wthout the jump box and nothing. I got a new battery,new carb.,changed oil ,new spark plug,but when it's start it stay started but i don't want to have jump all the time,so please can some body help me and asked a few people and they said it can be a cdi box,silinoid, idk please help. it runs and goes but when it starts it will try to take off and the brake barely stops it ?

Dame0927
Nobody is going to read your post there.... That is a complete wasteland and far as viewers go...

Is this the same quad?

What exactly is a "jump box"? And where are you connecting this? Is it to the battery?

If so, and if the quad cranks and starts from an external power source, but not from your battery, then there are only three possibilities:

1) Your battery is bad.
2) Your battery is discharged
3) You have a bad connection between the battery and where ever you are hooking up this mysterious "jump box" (whatever that is).

Got a voltmeter?

Old 10-27-2018, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Similar problem cant figure out

I've got a 110cc chinese quad, have no idea the year, make or model.
the motor case says "Linmax".
my starter button does not work with or without the brake on.
I have replaced all the electrical components (relay, solenoid, and voltage regulator) and have it connected to fully charged battery.
Attached is a drawing of my circuit.
I found two little plastic parts which contain diodes inside attached inline on the brake switch line to the relay.
From the brake switches is resting 12vdc, when I press the brakes it switches to negative.
with everything connected the way I found it, it will not do anything when the start button is pressed (regardless of the brakes are pressed or not and regardless of it's in neutral or not)
if I remove the diode and allow the 12vdc to go through to the relay, the relay clicks over and I'm able to press the start button and start the quad.
However, if I press the brake while trying to start it doesn't work because the 12vdc turns negative.
on one terminal of the relay is a wire from the neutral safety switch and neutral light, it is negative when in neutral and open when in gear.
one terminal on the relay is from the start button on the handle bars and provides 12vdc when pushed.
the last terminal on the relay goes to the starter solenoid and sends 12vdc to activate the solenoid and starter when the start button is pressed.
It seems to me that somehow the brake input needs to feed 12vdc in order for it to work but I cant figure out how to accomplish that.
Im drowning here, Anyone know how to figure this out??

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Linmax 110cc quad_1.pdf (104.3 KB, 224 views)
Old 10-28-2018, 03:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

The big question is how many wires go to the brake switches? If two wires go in, one will be pos from ignition switch, t'other will go to the relay and the brake light. What is that light doing when brakes are applied?

Old 10-28-2018, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brake switch wires

Ok, so on the relay the wire from the brake switches is Brown w/ yellow stripe, splits off to two diodes and comes out green w/ yellow stripe, then they both tie back together and goes to hand brake switches, to foot brake switch and to the tail light.
the second wire on the foot brake switch is a green (ground), the hand brake switches is a green (ground), there are two other wires on the brake light which are a black and a brown and are both 12vdc.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Brake switch wires

So the brake switch wire on the relay is brown w/yellow stripe splits off to two diodes and comes out green w/yellow stripe then ties back together and goes to the hand brake levers, the foot brake lever and the tail light.
the second wire on the hand brake levers is green (negative), the second wire on the foot brake is green (negative), on the tail light there are two other wires, a black and a brown which are both 12vdc.
when either hand brake lever or the foot brake is applied the brake light comes on and the voltage on the green w/yellow stripe turns to negative.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Sorry but it looks like someone has wired the bike up wrongly, and I can't work out what without the wiring diagram, which will probably be impossible to find. Only thing I can suggest is cutting out the relay, and wiring the start button direct to the thin solenoid wire which requires pos. You must ensure you only start the bike in neutral if you do this as it can be dangerous, and also puts strain on the starter mechanism if you try to start in gear.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bad wiring

Originally Posted by merryman
Sorry but it looks like someone has wired the bike up wrongly, and I can't work out what without the wiring diagram, which will probably be impossible to find. Only thing I can suggest is cutting out the relay, and wiring the start button direct to the thin solenoid wire which requires pos. You must ensure you only start the bike in neutral if you do this as it can be dangerous, and also puts strain on the starter mechanism if you try to start in gear.
when I got there quad, the wiring appeared to be untouched. All the factory black tape was wrapped around all three wires nice and neat.
When I couldn't get the start button to work, I cut off all the factory black tape in an effort to trace the wiring and figure out the problem.
I am quite baffled by it, as it appears the way that it's wired I'm not sure how it could have ever worked.
My thought was to simply remove the brake wire off of the relay and supply it with 12vdc from the key.
if I did it that way, everything would work and the quad would start. It still wouldn't start in gear, as the neutral safety switch would still be active.
W

This is the way I got it. It had been sitting out in the sun for about 4 years.

This is how it currently sits. Brand new set of plastics on standby ready to be installed once I get it running.
hat is your opinion on that plan?

Quick Reply: china 110cc starter button doesn't work...