1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

loncin 110cc wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loncin 110cc wiring issues

Hello I bought my son a used Chinese 110cc atv.. was told by previous owner needed a new starter.. opened it up and its a wiring dissater.. first the starter relay or solenoid That has the wire with the fuse is wired from batt with the red wires.. but the other side has the wires cut.. I hqve no idea where these wires go sinve they are split no other same color wires.. now I see the ground wire bolted directly to the engine not sure is thats correct.. I have a gray and black wires with out being conected and a blue and a tan wire split not conected.. dont have any power anywere... also I have the understanding the these atv came with a remote to shutoff engine wireless.. what happens if I donr have the remote... can the also be an issue why I dont have power.. pls help I tried looking at wiring diagrams but I must be misunderstanding them...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like this may be the best thing you can get for it right now.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vsjrrt@gmail.com
Hello I bought my son a used Chinese 110cc atv.. was told by previous owner needed a new starter.. opened it up and its a wiring dissater.. first the starter relay or solenoid That has the wire with the fuse is wired from batt with the red wires.. but the other side has the wires cut.. I hqve no idea where these wires go sinve they are split no other same color wires.....
Are we talking about the big fat heavy gauge wires from the starter solenoid to the starter motor, or smaller wires from the fuse? The smaller red wires from the battery (or from the solenoid) goes through a fuse and then on to the ignition switch. Do you have an ignition switch?

.... now I see the ground wire bolted directly to the engine not sure is thats correct.. ...

There should be a big fat heavy gauge wire from the battery negative terminal to the engine frame.

..... I have a gray and black wires with out being conected and a blue and a tan wire split not conected.. dont have any power anywere...

If the wires from the fuse don't go anywhere then you won't have power anywhere. I'm not sure this is the case with your quad, but I suspect so. The gray and black wires are coming from what? The blue and tan wires are coming from where? What do you mean when you say the wire is "split". That term makes no sense to me....

... also I have the understanding the these atv came with a remote to shutoff engine wireless.. what happens if I donr have the remote... can the also be an issue why I dont have power.. pls help I tried looking at wiring diagrams but I must be misunderstanding them...

If the remote receive module on the quad is working, and you don't have the key fob transmitter, then the quad will work just like a quad that doesn't have a remote control feature. There can be problems with remote receiver modules that prevent spark and starting up, but it this doesn't sound relevant to your problems. You can always unplug the remote receiver on the quad. Then the receiver is out of the picture.

Here is a typical wiring setup for just the starter motor cranking circuitry. See if this makes any sense...