1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help Identify this quad please ! I have pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by andersbe83
I've been busy but I'm stopping tomorrow on the way home from work for the battery. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not going out in the single digits to do tests. I will recheck everything we checked last time around and let u know its suppose to warm up Fri.
Last week the temperature here in the afternoon plummeted to 60 degrees fahrenheit. I stayed indoors all day .

Take your time...

Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! That's tough to hear, it was -9 ( Fahrenheit) when I woke up and -3 was the high !

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Last week the temperature here in the afternoon plummeted to 60 degrees fahrenheit. I stayed indoors all day .

Take your time...

Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

i bought my son one of these and you have to have the left hand brake squeezed for it to start. dont know if this will help but just thought id throw it out there.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

I will give the brake lever a shot, thank you for the idea. I wish the crappy weather would stop, the cold went away, hit 60 yesterday but hasn't stopped raining ! Wtf

Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

And how did the brake lever thing work??

Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

I haven't gotten a chance to try the handbrake thing, or anything. I've had it with the snow, rain, and cold weather. I'm thinking of a way to enclose my front porch, if I can't it'll have to wait :/

Old 03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

Ok so I did the test, I'm not too sure of my results. I have a fluke 77 digital multi-meter and another with a dial. I checked with both for all tests, the only one that didn't consistently test the same was the kill switch test. The meter would say 580 then jump to 280 then 2 ohms on the fluke meter but on the dial type meter I got 4 ohms.
The rest of the tests are as follows:

1. 2-4 ohms - kill switch
2. 480 ohms - ac power
3. 136 ohms - trigger pulse
4. 60-65 volts - ac power
5. .102 volts - trigger pulse
6. 0 volts - ignition coil

The broken pin on the cdi harness that was broken was replaced, it turned out 3 of the 4 pins were broken so I replaced all of them from the website u suggested last time we were talking back in July.

The starter solenoid only clicks when power is applied,does this mean its bad ?

Brake lever does send a signal that its applied but no power to the light is present,suggestions ?

Another note : I'm not sure why but the kill switch reading is the same With the key on and off is this normal ? And the ignition coil that I took off last time that had 7 ohms resistance only has 1.0 when its off the machine ? Is something going on with grounding ?

If u have any doubts of measurements or readings, let me know I will recheck or do any additional testing u want, I have it on my porch now ( no rain/snow )

Old 04-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer

I figured it out ! The front brake safety interlock switch is faulty. It closes the circuit when u squeeze it a little bit but when you squeeze it allow the way the circuit opens again. The carbs float is sticking so it leaks gas, ill pop off the carb and clean it out. Thanks again for the help
Ben

Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1 thing about them little chinese quads, they'll teach you patience and a lot about working on a quad and much more about troubleshooting.
glad you got it going!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Patience is right, I had a feeling it was something simple. It felt great to finally figure it out, but now that its running I need plastic for it so the rocks don't hit me on the head. Is there anywhere to get used plastic fenders and body parts ?

Quick Reply: Help Identify this quad please ! I have pics