1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

eton Yukon CXL 150 Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by efunk28
Yep, I have the parking brake locked on the right side. I also have the left side engaged and still no spark. Originally it wasn't turning over at all. I finally got it to turnover, but not getting any spark at the moment. I also tried a new plug. Is there test points I can check for voltage readings? I'm not sure what else could be causing this issue.
You can check the volts from the stator with a multimeter.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

I read the thread. Can you get the neutral light on? Try wiggling the shifter slightly while you press the starter button. There could be a problem with the shifter switch ( neutral ). I'm fairly sure the green light must be lit ( switch made..closed ) before it will spark. Along with this, the left handle bar brake lever must be pulled in as well.

Old 02-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

The neutral light never comes on. When I move the lever to Reverse, the R light comes on. The Neutral or Forward lights never come on when I move the levers.I did disconnect the CDI plug and found this.
a) Once disconnected, the kill switch PIN is always grounded. I know from prior posts, it may be one of the safety switches. I fixed the left handlebar switch. I'm not sure where the others are.
b) I do get spark once I jump the AC Ignition Power PIN from the CDI, and leave the safety PIN disconnected. I don't want to leave it this way, as I'm fixing this for my daughter. Do you know where the other safety switches may be?

Old 02-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know for sure where the switches are but I think one is in the left handle bar perch, and I think there may be two located on the shifter, one switch sends a signal ( via a ground ) to light the neutral light on the dash and let the CDI know the bike is in neutral ( but the bulb could be bad as well ), and the other provides feedback to the CDI in regards to RPM for shifting ( I think, it's been a while ) as I don't think it will shift if idled too high....and the engine will shut off when trying to shift. Best guess is the neutral switch is not connected, loose, or not working. If so, this will prevent spark. I recommend downloading a manual...makes the troubleshooting much easier. Also ohm the kill switch. If I remember correctly, this particular bike will crank ( starter will turn engine over ) even if the switch is in the "kill" position, but it will not provide spark to the spark plug.

Note: By the way, if the engine is in good shape, you might be impressed as to the power the little 150 has...It's great!

Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

See if this is what you need....
ETON CXL-150 Service Manual (Page 3 of 111)
Probably the same as yours....

Old 02-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went through the manual and it didn't give me much more info to go on. Here's what I found out so far. I disconnected the AC Ignition Power wire from the CDI. I used a test light from the wire to the CDI Pin and it lights up and provides spark to the plug. When I put the wire back in the plug, no spark, doesn't make any sense to me. Please help, lol.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I know I'm jumping in here at the tail end of this,read that you did replace the coil with another one,but have you tried removing the plug cap to see if you have spark from the bare wire to the cylinder head? Don't know if these use resistor caps as many machines do now,but have found several instances if the resistor blows in the cap,no spark.Plus I found this,don't know if it helps.http://www.buggydepot.com/tech-cente...uide-no-spark/

Old 02-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I checked out the site, but believe I have a 12v CDI. The problem is either the CDI or Stator. Do you know what the ohm readings should be for a 4 wire stator? The four wires are: white/red stripe, blue/white stripe and a solid black and white wire.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by efunk28
Thanks for the info. I checked out the site, but believe I have a 12v CDI. The problem is either the CDI or Stator. Do you know what the ohm readings should be for a 4 wire stator? The four wires are: white/red stripe, blue/white stripe and a solid black and white wire.
I just looked at the link I provided you....and I'm fairly sure that your diagram is there. I did briefly look thru the Electrical side ( briefly ) and I did not see any resistance info.... Sorry about that. I'm only familiar with the three phase stators....and usually 3 yellow wires......I wish I could help you but I can't. Maybe OPT, greg, LT-80, and some others have and can provide the resistance info on your 150.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default title

Hey, I know this thread is from like 6 years ago but I've been looking at an eton Yukon CXL-150 and it doesn't come with a title, so I did a little research and it got me thinking do these quads even come with titles?