1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help Identifying Chinese Quad - and Hard Starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Identifying Chinese Quad - and Hard Starting

I have been using your forums daily for the last three weeks. THANK YOU EVERYONE! I purchased two youth Chinese quads for the kids and have referenced a number of your topics.

I need help identifying one of the quads. There is no make/model identification. The VIN is LZTSCJL05X0701088. The engine also have the following: CX152FMH 06102630. I have attached pics of the quad.

One of the main problems I am having with this quad is starting, it almost takes a full battery charge to get it started. I have cleaned the carb and replaced the air filter and spark plug. Still a bitSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word to get started. I want to replace the carb but want to make sure I get the right one. Also, the rectifier started smoking yesterday, may have had something to do with me attempting another battery (same size) but wiring the negative to positive and trying to start - maybe fried the rectifier. I have two on order to replace. I can attach pics of the carb if needed.

Should I tweak the valves (dont know how)?Should I replace the CDI (easy).

Attached Thumbnails Help Identifying Chinese Quad - and Hard Starting-resized_20161129_191127.jpeg   Help Identifying Chinese Quad - and Hard Starting-resized_20161129_191150.jpeg  
Old 12-16-2016, 03:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Yes, re-set the valves, low compression is the most common cause of poor starting. There seems to be two different 152FMH engines, one a 125cc E22 horizontal cylinder Honda cub clone, t'other a vertical cylinder 125 which looks a lot like the CG125 Honda motorcycle. Does the carb have electric choke, as this can be a cause of poor starting too?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted a couple more pics of the carb and the engine placement. I am going to assume this is a Horizontal. But we can confirm it is a 125cc, correct?

I am thinking of replacing the carb, would it be a PZ19 or PZ20 or something else?

In terms of valve adjustments, something i have no clue how to do but I can watch some videos. Is this a tighten or loosen situation? And to what gap? I have seen .007 or .004 or something else? What tools would I need? I saw a valve tool on a video used to adjust valve, any idea what size I would get and where I can get it?

AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

Old 12-17-2016, 07:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Yes, it is an E22 Honda Cub clone. I've always got away with adjusting valves using a normal spanner and a pair of pliers. You can't go far wrong at 0.003" on these little engines. Take a look at those videos, and ensure you are checking the gaps with the piston at top dead centre on the compression stroke. As for the carb, it looks like new so I would expect it to work fine if adjusted right. May be worth blowing the jets out with compressed air, and ensure you haven't lost one of those O rings between carb and inlet manifold.