1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Carb issue on 50cc Sunl ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb issue on 50cc Sunl ATV

First off, I re-found this site today and when I logged on it said last visit 10-2-2008. Wow! Anyhow I'm here with a question. I bought a 2006 Sunl 50cc 4 wheeler for my daughter about 11 years ago. I'll bet she had no more than 20 hours on it since. So an aquaintance of my wife's was asking if we were interested in selling it for her 5 year old. It had not been run for 2-3 years and probably had some ethanol based gas in the carb. So I had some issues getting it started. So I replaced the fuel lines and filter. I didn't want to mess with the carb as I have no gasket kit at the moment. So I figured I'd try my luck. After a while it would start for a few seconds and shut off. Then I got it to idle for 3-4 minutes, it took some RPM and shut off. It did not start for over two hours until it fired briefly. Then It fired and ran for a few minutes again only to shut off and not fire for quite a while of trying. So I poked around the scew on the lower part of the fuel bowl. I would turn the fuel shut off valve off and when removing this screw fuel would drain out of what looks like a fuel bowl drain tube? Anyhow I'd put ti back together and it would run pretty good for 2-3 minutes and for the first time with the choke off. So it shut off so I did the whole screw procedure again and it would run great for 2-3 minutes and immediately shut off. I repeated this 6 times with identical results. I'm beat and done for the day. Any idea what is going on? Prior to parking it 2-3 years ago it always ran well.

Thanks,
Doug

Old 12-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

clean the carb.. Usually you dont need a gasket kit just be careful taking it apart and you can reuse everything