1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

carb issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Big Poop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb issues

this 250 Unison Rage only starts if hold hand over the carb.then after that starts good all day..leave overnight and nope? they have a internal electric choke. any of you have experience with those..last yr i had a 400 cc Chinese 4x4 with same carb..couldnt get it work good so put a Honda 350 quad carb on..wow..what a difference.. owner is so happy, She hugs me whenever She sees me? its her yard tractor on the farm.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Imo electric chokes suck.Had to block off the air duct on the early Polaris youth models to get them to crank up.Once warm,like yours they'd run all day and crank back up with no problems as long as they were warm.Next morning,no start.They started offering manual choke kits for them to replace the electric chokes which helped. Either a problem in the choke or just the way it is. If there's another carb that would fit with a manual choke...

Old 02-05-2017, 10:43 PM
Big Poop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb issues

yes,,i have found new direct fit carbs with manual chokes for $35 on ebay..if i cant find another old Honda carb in my collection o crap; will order one of those.