3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

peace sports 110cc 4 wheeler carb settings

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peace sports 110cc 4 wheeler carb settings

I would like to know what are the settings for the "main jet" and "pilot jet"? the carb is the Kan Tai PZ19-A7-322-14

How many turns out from seat for both?

Also with the "pilot jet" is it clear all the way thru the jet? I was cleaning it out with a wire and the wire would not pass all the way thru the jet, so is it blocked or is that just the way it is set up?

And one last thing what modification can I do to get it to recharge the battery? It seems the charging systems are not capable of keeping a battery from going bad....is this so?

'

Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum loadmaster6119!

The pilot and main jet are screwed into the bottom of the carb... no adjustment unless you get a larger or smaller jet..

You should be able to see light thru both jets...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well put it back together.....1/4 out from seat on the pilot jet and still not able to see light thru that jet. However, it started with no problems at all??? and just adjusted the idle a little bit. Rode it a little while and had no backfiring or stalling.

but Still need information on getting this thing to keep its own battery charged? any Ideas?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:22 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Are you sure your talking about the pilot jet? and not the fuel screw? Pilot and main jet are inside the fuel bowl.

Do you have a volt meter?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

well I may say "pilot" I mean the smaller of the 2 jets in the bowl. and no I dont have a volt meter but I have been looking for a good excuse to buy one.
the whole thing is I bought it brand new and it never really has kept a good charge on the battery, when I purchased it new the seller had mentioned that they do have an upgrade for the charging system I and I was more interested in what people were using as that upgrade?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by loadmaster6119
...And one last thing what modification can I do to get it to recharge the battery? It seems the charging systems are not capable of keeping a battery from going bad....is this so?
If your battery charging system isn't working you don't need an upgrade - you need your broken charging system fixed .

All quads with starter motors/batteries should have battery charging systems capable of keeping the battery charged up under normal use.

The battery charging system is easy to check. All you need is a voltmeter.

Note: The battery can't be flat dead when you do this test, or the battery will drag down the charging system making it look bad when it may not be bad. So for best results start with at least a partially charged battery.

Start up the engine and run at medium high speed with the headlights off. Set your meter to measure DC volts on the 20 volt scale. Measure the voltage on the battery terminals while the engine is running at the medium fast clip. The voltage should be 13.5 volts to 14.5 volts.
If the voltage falls within that range your charging system is working fine. If the voltage is low then your charging system is under charging your battery. If it is higher then your charging system is overcharging the battery (and damaging it).

Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by loadmaster6119
well I may say "pilot" I mean the smaller of the 2 jets in the bowl.

and no I dont have a volt meter but I have been looking for a good excuse to buy one.

the whole thing is I bought it brand new and it never really has kept a good charge on the battery, when I purchased it new the seller had mentioned that they do have an upgrade for the charging system I and I was more interested in what people were using as that upgrade?
The pilot jet and the main jet are not adjusted by "turns out from seated".. Both jets should be tightened like a screw..The fuel screw is adjusted by "turns out from seated"(usually 1 1/2 to 2 turns out..

Harbor Freight $3.99 (with a coupon) I got 3-4 of these just so one is always in arms reach..

I have no idea... LynnEdwards is the electrical whiz guy around here... good thing cuz its my weakness...

Old 07-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well thanks guys I'll do some electrical trouble shooting later in the week and see what I find out. You guys have been a big help and I appreciate it very much.
You guys have a happy 4th of July

Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Lynn I know its a bit of troubleshooting and seek and find but in the event that I do find a Low ir High Voltage situtation is there one particular component that is the usual "gremiln"?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The Battery charging system consists of:

1) A set of windings in the stator which produce low voltage high current AC power which varies with engine speed,
2) A voltage regulator which first rectifies the AC from the stator into DC voltage, then regulates it to 13.5 to 14.5 volts DC
3) The battery
4) All the wiring between these items.

The thing to do first is to measure the charging system as outlined before. If it doesn't pass muster then we can dig in deeper. For example the stator output can be measured by switching your meter over to AC volts.

There are a couple different topologies for 110cc quads. Most use a two coil stator (three if you count the external ignition trigger coil outside the flywheel). The coils inside the flywheel consist of the battery charge winding, and the moderately high voltage AC CDI ignition power winding (which is unrelated to battery charge stuff). Some use six coils inside the flywheel, with 5 coils used to charge the battery, and the sixth is used to power the CDI. We can figure out which you have with some simple measurements.

Quick Reply: peace sports 110cc 4 wheeler carb settings