3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

2007 Loncin 210 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2007 Loncin 210 ATV

Hey- I just bought my son a 2007 Loncin 210 Bu Yang ATV. I got it at a garage sale and it was running, but died after a little while. The owner said that the gas was really low, so that was probably why it wouldn't start again. Later that day I got it home, took it out and put gas in it and it wouldn't start. I've taken the whole thing apart, checked the wiring harness with the diagram. I'm trying to bypass the remote and horn/alarm system. What do I need to do in order to get power from battery to starter and from mag needle to ignition/cdi box to coil? Can I take out ignition box if possible?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bergman
Hey- I just bought my son a 2007 Loncin 210 Bu Yang ATV. I got it at a garage sale and it was running, but died after a little while. The owner said that the gas was really low, so that was probably why it wouldn't start again. Later that day I got it home, took it out and put gas in it and it wouldn't start. I've taken the whole thing apart, checked the wiring harness with the diagram. I'm trying to bypass the remote and horn/alarm system. What do I need to do in order to get power from battery to starter and from mag needle to ignition/cdi box to coil? Can I take out ignition box if possible?
first of all, define "won't start". cranks/turns over but won't fire up? doesn't crank/turn over? i presume it turns over/cranks. i presume the battery is at full charge? is there a fuse coming off of the positive side of the battery heading towards the starter and other wiring? if so, make sure that is still good. are the solenoid post nuts tight? if you have to, set the brake, turn ignition switch on, and jump the solenoid with a screwdriver if you need to. be careful doing that though....don't have to do that unless your starter button is not working.
have you checked for spark? pull the spark plug, reattach the coil wire, hold spark plug up against jug/cylinder and crank it. see spark? what color of spark? does it look weak or strong? what color is the end of the spark plug? is the insulation of the spark plug intact or cracked?
carburetor is clean? jets taken out and cleaned? float assembly and needle seat valve clean? petcock valve, if applicable, from fuel tank has flow through it? fuel filter, if applicable, clean? do you have gasoline flow all the way to the carb?
when transporting quads, always close the petcock valve so the carb/float won't empty the fuel tank into the crankcase.
if you have spark, then we'll move on.
i don't know if your quad has to have the brake handle activated/engaged to meet a permissive or satisfy a safety interlock. but, when cranking, have the left hand brake engaged and/or set the parking brake that should be attached to it.
report back all findings and any other pertinent information or activities you've completed.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

when checking for spark, don't hold the plug in the wrong spot or it'll knock the **** out of you........... your muscles won't like the electricity.