3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

ohm reading

Old 09-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ohm reading

I have a 2003 maxfine commando 100atv.. I need to know what the stator is suppose to read when testing the ohms.

Thanks you

Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a nice tutorial

You shouldn't think too much about the actual numbers you're seeing. You just need to consider that if the reading is the same when you're checking the resistance on a coil as it showed when you had nothing connected, you have a damaged coil.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Swiftyyy
This is a nice tutorial
Motorcycle stator checkout - YouTube

You shouldn't think too much about the actual numbers you're seeing. You just need to consider that if the reading is the same when you're checking the resistance on a coil as it showed when you had nothing connected, you have a damaged coil.

We checked the Coil and the coil is fine, just need to get what the stator should be reading. If its not the stator damaged in the ATV idk what else to check in it

Old 09-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Swiftyyy
This is a nice tutorial
Motorcycle stator checkout - YouTube

I'm sorry I'm new to this whole "working on ATV" Anything really. But So as long as the resistance between each "Wire" Reads the same the Stator is fine?