3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Tao tao 125cc atv issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao tao 125cc atv issues

I just purchased a new tao tao
TaoTao G ATV 125cc

1. The atv is hard to get started from a cold start. But once it's started it cranks easy.

2. Once it's running i have to barley get into the throttle or it will just die and I have to restart it. I can slowly get to full throttle....

3. Starting out on even the slightest incline the atv will stall and I have to remember crank the engine....

Or even just hammering the throttle from a stand still it dies

Any ideas what the issue would be?

Old 11-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bamajoker
I just purchased a new tao tao
TaoTao G ATV 125cc

1. The atv is hard to get started from a cold start. But once it's started it cranks easy.

2. Once it's running i have to barley get into the throttle or it will just die and I have to restart it. I can slowly get to full throttle....

3. Starting out on even the slightest incline the atv will stall and I have to remember crank the engine....

Or even just hammering the throttle from a stand still it dies

Any ideas what the issue would be?
Since it's new why don't you go back to the dealer?
Anyway, I suspect that the problem has to do with fuel supply aka carburetor. Check if the fuel flows freely to the carb and later check if the carb is clean(may require cleaning if fuel had remained in the carb for a longtime at the dealer or water got in).