3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Install new Push button start and kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install new Push button start and kill switch

I just got this Chinese 110cc atv and the previous owner hasn't ran it in two years. I'm trying to figure out how to wire my own push button start and my own kill switch. Since the I can't seem to find the correct handlebar assembly that has the same pin/wiring that my atv has.

Should the push button start be one side of the connection be push button to (+) side of starter relay and the other side to Ground.

Also for the Kill Switch should it be wired one side of the switch be hooked to the yellow/black wire of the ignition coil, and the other side straight to ground.

Just need some help figuring this out. I'm new to this stuff so electrical issues just give me a headache.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If yours still has the key you can use the key as a kill. Then you can get a heavy duty push button starter switch from any auto shop. Wire this to both sides of starter sol. I ran this setup on the old 110

Old 10-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I do have the key. It works fine as well as the lights. I'll try hooking up the new push button when I get the new stator. Will I still have issues if I leave the old handlebar assembly connected. It currently works the lights but the kill switch and ignition buttons don't seem to work.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol

nop i left the old one on

Old 10-03-2016, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advice on the button. i wired it up for a quick test and it tried to start. Now one I get the new heavy duty button and some heavier gauge wire I'll complete that part of the project.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Zrock, I bought a new heavy duty push button. I wired it straight to my solenoid. However I'm not seeing any spark with my old or new spark plugs. I saw it once before i got the new button but now I'm not seeing it at all. The coil, cdi, and stator's are all new. The stater does seem like its trying to turn over so I'm hoping its not my starter. Any insight to the no spark.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Do u have all your switches in the run position? Bar switch and key as well as brake engaged. The pushbutton does not over ride any of those functions

Old 10-15-2016, 08:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Key is on and brake is applied. Brake light comes on. Original kill switch and ignition buttons are broken. The connectors were coroded and broke off.

I'm assuming the wires for the kill switch are the issue. They aren't connected to anything. Wire colors for the kill switch are black with white stripe and green. The ignition was connected to a yellow with red stripe wire.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol

pull the black/white wire out of the cdi.. this will bypass all switches/safety features

Old 10-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

So the i followed the black/white wire from the cdi up into the harness and it also goes to the key ignition switch. It was spliced together from cdi to run to ignition and to kill switch. So i cut the one going to the kill switch. I was able to get the spark back with my old and new spark plug. Issue im having now is that it wont fire up. Just got a new carburetor and put that on. I'm getting compression so don't think that's the problem.

Could the fuel line be to tight and not letting the gas to flow. I also have a manual shut off valve installed as well.

Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Install new Push button start and kill switch