3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

not enough voltage from stator to the cdi HELP!!!!!

Old 11-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not enough voltage from stator to the cdi HELP!!!!!

ok me an my son are building a taotao 110cc atv that was given to me so i bought all the replacement parts to fix it and rebuilt the engine all was good there so next i bought a new wiring harness for the bike it came with a new cdi and voltage regulator and stator and start button and kill shwitch so i ran all the wires on the bike and nothing im wont turn over but if i jumjp the solenoid it will engage the starter and turn over so i started testin the wires on the stator i checked the continuity on the red/black wire and got and got 455ohms which is good from what ive read and i tested the blue/white wire and it has 140ohms which is good and 0 resistance on the ground wire my next step was to check the ac voltage coming out of the stator so i good my leads up and turned the bike over and im only getting 30v which from everything ive read im supose to get around 60v so what would make the red/black wire not get enough voltage???please help

Old 11-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

basically i need to know what would make the stator not have enough voltage out of it when i test it and nothing out of the pulsator wire?? what could be bad to make that happen?

Old 11-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

You are not going to get full voltage from the stator when turning the engine over. Find out why your starter isn't working "on the button". This circuit has nothing whatsoever to do with the stator.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

The starter is actually a relay switch. If you look at it you will see that there are 2 thinner wires going into it. One is positive(+) and the other ground/negative(-). When you press the start button 12v pass into the starter solenoid which turns on a switch thus completing the circuit. You could test that by supplying 12v dc from your battery.
But 1st follow those 2 wires from the starter solenoid to the 1st socket you meet. Disconnect it. Turn your voltmeter to ohms and measure the resistance between the 2 contacts of the wires which come from the start button while pressing it(the start button). If it's zero then your start button is ok. now you should check why power is not going through one of the wires (+12v) or if the other is properly grounded.
The other reason could be a blown fuse on the 2nd wire coming from the battery's positive pole.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

since you replaced everything did you also replace the battery? Stator has nothing to do with the startor it gets its juice direct from battery.