Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Arctic Cat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 05-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Swisher plow for Arctic Cat

Has anyone tried the swisher plow and/or bucket with the universal mount on an Arctic Cat? I have a 2000 500 4x4 Manual.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

whats a swisher plow. and you can get a bucket for the cat, tell me who sells one i could use a bucket at my place.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

I have the bucket mounted on a 03 500i manual. The install was easy - bolts on to the front lower a-arm and hitch in the back. I've only had it for a short while but will tell you what I've experienced so far.

The good stuff:
- I was able to load bucket with 220lb of material(sand bags and bricks) with no problem - that was loading by hand - in the field I don't think I
you could exceed this without getting off the quad and filling by hand.
- I was able to pick up several pick up several rocks in the 60-80lb range that were sitting alone ontop of ground (i.e. not buried in dirt). Again
limit is what you can get in the bucket without getting off the quad.
- Moved about 3 yards of Bark mulch in less than 45 minutes(could be faster now that I have the process down) - with out getting off
quad - had fun doing it (don't tell wife)
- I was able to "dig" in dirt but had a problem - see bad stuff
- Note: above stuff was done going up/down hill with material loaded - works fine - but take it slow.

The bad stuff:
- Univeral mount works but I needed some in-field adjustments since I installed in a nice level garage. "In-field" for me is a different locatation
(i.e. not my house) where a nice level garage was no where to be found. I've only put in on a couple of times - taking it off was easy.
- When picking up a load, if you take in the cable all the way, the nut (actually I don't know what to call it - it is the thing holds the loop in
the cable together) gets stuck in the fairlead. The result is you have to get off the quad and give it a kick to release it (after you drop
the load). This can be solved by placing the nut as close as possible to the hook - assuming there isn't some bend radius spec on that.
- The release lever is a weak point, I say that cuase I broke mine. It could have been my fault I gunned the throtle while scraping out a
load of compacted dirt from a very big dirt mound - but it did break. It made me look at the lever release design a little more - I think they
need to put a release lever on each side not just one. It could also be designed that way - release lever breaks before a-arms - don't no,
guessing.

Overall - I like it - it can pick up 200lb+ and move it once you get the hang of it. Digging in dirt is marginal - no hydraulics means scraping - it works but you need a long run-way - I guess is the best way to describe it.

Swisher is at
http://www.swisherinc.com/

oag

Old 05-23-2003, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

is this bucket somthing i can get at my local cat dealer or where can i find one. and do you think it would work on scraping horse sh poop up, i have 3 horses and thats one and a half of my15 qubic ft trailers i haul around behind my cat.but id like to get somthing else because when hunting season comes along and i need a trailer i dont want a beat up peice of sh poop
Old 05-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Qudivator in Sask. sell s them. www.quadivator.com. $527 for the bucket, $189 for the mount plus shipping.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

thanks i'll check them out.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:29 PM

Tags
2000, 4x4, 500, arctic, artic, bucket, cat, dig, mount, mounts, plow, qudivator, rocks, swisher, universal