Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Homemade Mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade Mods.

Hey guys i got bored so i made some of my own mods. I made a winch hook bracket so i can put my hook on there instead of bending my racks. I just took a piece of flat bar and welded a hook to the end and made 4 holes and put it on my rack. I used 2 U bolts to secure it on. The second mod is for my trailer. Its a snowmobile trailer so it has the slush gaurd and with that it is hard to tie and atv down so i decided to fix it. The trailer is new so it has clamps to hold the skies down and not poles. I took a piece of flat bar and welded an "I" on it and bolted it to where the clamp goes, works real well. I powered coated everything black so i have no rust at all. Not bad for a 17 year old lol. Ill post some pics in my pics section tomorrow. Next mod im gonna try to make is a lift kit. I have all the dimensions just got to draw them on and cut them out.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Homemade Mods.

My winch mount, an Arctic Cat kit, has a pair of loops, one on each side of the fairlead, I don't ever hook anything to do with pulling to the racks. I don't even tie down to the racks when trailering, frame to frame only. My little trailer is for the cat or the daughter dirt bike. The dual axle flatbed will handle 5 quads easily and 6 if loaded carefully. Don't own a snow machine as of now, but will when I finally get to move into the retirement place down in Oregon, but it will have it's own trailer too. I guy can't have to may toys and the gear to move them.

Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Range Rover
Default Homemade Mods.

I love doing little mods to my quad: grinding down and spray chroming my exaust system and my muffler making diamond plate skid plates for front and rear axles i'm 16 and this is some real good fun to do this. You take pride in your work and you wouldn't trade that quad in for nothing.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Homemade Mods.

Otter Boxes(kayakers use em) and plastic adhesive velcro(radio shack) the kind that looks like lil mushrooms that smash together for dry storage. I had one 6"x10" mounted on my front left fender where the atv warning panel is. I carry a lil first aid selection of stuff in it. This is on a 400 ex and its never rattled off or been scraped off by saplings.
just a FYI

Old 06-10-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Homemade Mods.

that is good to hear that you young guys are will to take the time and have the patience to do lil modifications on your own didn't think young guys were involved into that stuff much anymore i remember when i was 15 i took the motor out of my truck by myself totally overhauled it and put it back in needed a lil help getting it back in and that wasn't even 10 years ago never hear of anyone doing that anymore but keep it up guys and keep posting your lil mods

Old 06-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Homemade Mods.

Originally posted by: Bear4570
My winch mount, an Arctic Cat kit, has a pair of loops, one on each side of the fairlead, I don't ever hook anything to do with pulling to the racks. I don't even tie down to the racks when trailering, frame to frame only. My little trailer is for the cat or the daughter dirt bike. The dual axle flatbed will handle 5 quads easily and 6 if loaded carefully. Don't own a snow machine as of now, but will when I finally get to move into the retirement place down in Oregon, but it will have it's own trailer too. I guy can't have to may toys and the gear to move them.
Hey Bear4570, nice 2" receiver hitch you made for you AC250.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Homemade Mods.

700vtwinman; Thanks about the hitch. I have found somethings are better done frpm scratch by me and others are a lot easier bought and installed by me or at least under my supervision. I am very lucky to have a pair of buddies that can weld almost anything. When one is unavailable the other is usually around. I scare the h*ll out of both of them with a torch or a welder in my hand which of course works for me. Then again, I'm five times the mechanic they are combined, so it all works out in the end.

Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Homemade Mods.

Im going to school next year to be a millwirght, then the next year im going to do an apprenticeship. I just got a job like 10 minutes ago at a millwright shop lol. Gonna start there for the summer and work through the next year of college then do my apprenticeship there.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Homemade Mods.

Originally posted by: CatsRule
Im going to school next year to be a millwirght, then the next year im going to do an apprenticeship. I just got a job like 10 minutes ago at a millwright shop lol. Gonna start there for the summer and work through the next year of college then do my apprenticeship there.

That's Great! A noble profession indeed, knowing there is some young talent coming along is a real comfort to us middle aged guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I made a set of trip dump tines for clearing medium sized rocks out of farm fields. You have to use a little common sense about what you try to pick up and a load of smaller ones in the rear rack helps balance things out. I really like the looks of the swisher dump bucket but guess you lose ground clearance with the leaf spring mounting system.

Good luck with the apprenticeship, I ran across a description of everything a journeyman needs to know on a canadian web page a while back, I'll see if I can find it again and post the link. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 2016 wolverine

I got a 2016 Yamaha wolverine 700 and I've been working on making new mods myself since day one up to now I have installed a light bar, installed marine grade sound system complete with radio antenna works like a charm and now working on a plexy glass back window and full diamond plate skit plates for underneath the bike if anyone as anymore mods that they did please share with me because I wanna make my side by side as unique as possible from the other ones I know
​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Homemade Mods.