Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The New AC 150

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New AC 150

Has anyone bought and/or tried the new Arctic Cat 150 yet? It looks real sturdy, and only weighs 334 lbs., so it looks like a good replacement for my (soon-to-be-12 year-old) daughter's AC DVX 50. Best of all, it comes with headlights (Halogen, it seems), and reverse.

Any comments would be much appreciated!

Old 04-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New AC 150

Well to start with the new AC 150 is built by Kymco to Arctic Cat's Quality , and the design and Kymco also build's all of the smaller Cat's under the 400 class of AC's lineup ; and have been building them since AC dropped the Suzuki 250 and 300 class quad's !

My Local AC Dealer has so much faith in Kymco that she has started selling the full size Kymco 500 series quad's , she wouldn't sell a product that she didn't believe in whole hearted in ; so i don't think you could go wrong with a Kymco or AC for that matter !

Welcome to the forums !........

Last edited by Williebee; 04-11-2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Just adding some info to go along with this post.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

This is a great little machine. I bought one for my daughter about 2 weeks ago, and she loves it. It does come from the factory with speed limiters in the CVT, but they can be removed in about 20 minutes with standard tools. I will post instructions on doing so in the technical area. Your son will love this well built, solid little machine!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!
Thumbs up Ac 150

Thanks, I think we will get it, and it will likely last her until she is 16 and can get her driver's licence.

It's funny how none of the other "big 5" have offered 150's of this size.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Smile New AC 150

Well, we pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the 2009 Arctic Cat 150 for my daughter. The dealer said that in addition to the variator restrictors on the clutch, there is a restrictor in the exhaust (behind the muffler) which you can take out to improve power further. However, I did not see this discussed on the YOUtube presentation where I first learned that there were 2 variator restictors, so the dealer may be wrong. Does anyone know what the truth of the matter is? (Dealers like Bass Pro are often uninformed about these types of details, especially with a new product.)

Also, I'll look forward to seeing the pictures of the variator restrictor removal process - thanks for offering this, sejust!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by sejust2005
This is a great little machine. I bought one for my daughter about 2 weeks ago, and she loves it. It does come from the factory with speed limiters in the CVT, but they can be removed in about 20 minutes with standard tools. I will post instructions on doing so in the technical area. Your son will love this well built, solid little machine!
sejust, have you had any problems with the electronic speedometer? I took possession this weekend and took it for a spin, and my speedo seems to be jumping around all over the place, even when I hold the speed steady.