Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Broke rear knuckle on 650H1. Is this common?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke rear knuckle on 650H1. Is this common?

I have a 07 AC 650 H1. While making a long sweeping corner at speed I heard a pop. The RR knuckle broke into two pieces.
What I am wondering is, Is this common? Is there a stronger replacement? A new one from the dealer is not to expensive, but if there was a stronger alternative....

Thanks, Drew...

Old 04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

first time i have ever of this happening,dont think its a common problem. i have never seen a different knuckle sold anywhere either.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the reply... I really dont want this to happen again. when it broke the machine cartwheeled. On monday I will go into the dealership and order a new one..

Old 04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

maybe too much stress over the couple of yrs too.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

It only has 990 miles on it, so it shouldnt have been stressed to much. Never in the mud or on really difficult trails. Just two track roads.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Range Rover

oh, what about jumping over semi's?? trucks or cars? any of that have u been doing? lol

Old 09-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by dsdrew
It only has 990 miles on it, so it shouldnt have been stressed to much. Never in the mud or on really difficult trails. Just two track roads.
I'm smelling factory default here. I tore up my knuckle pretty good (long story) It's got 95 or more percent of the metal in the thick end there maybe I should have a couple beads of weld dropped in there. My friend rides 2 up on a non 2 up atv and also doesn't have the suspension all the way up so it bottoms out all the time and he's snapped 2 knuckles. Thats a kawasaki though, and as far as I'm concerned user error.

I wouldn't say it's common unless you jump alot.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

DSDrew, are you still out there? I tried to PM you but your box is full. This exact same thing happened on a friend's AC! Anyone else?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Defective Arctic Cat Knuckle

Bird67:

I would be most interested in talking to you about this. I am an attorney handling a case where there are serioius injuries from such an event. I am aware of two other lawsuits in the US presently pending for identical events. Extensive discovery has been done and we have much information but would like to get as much more information as we can. You can reach me at my office at 218-444-4529 or e-mail me directly at GaryH@HazeltonInjuryAttorneys.com. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary M. Hazelton

Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

Bird67-

I wouldn't talk to attorney Hazelton until he specifically states who he is suing and why.

The 3-wheeler market was wiped off the map by lawsuits brought about by folks who were injured riding 3-wheelers. 3-wheelers were determined (by the ridiculous awards granted by jurys) to be unsafe, and the motorcycle industry agreed to stop producing and selling them.
I've ridden and raced 3-wheelers and they are not any more dangerous than other vehicles once the rider has been properly trained to ride them.

The same mind-set of not taking responsibility for one's own stupidity has led to multitudes of lawsuits against the ATV industry, especially against the Rhino and other SxS models as of late.

Yes, manufacturers should absolutely take responsibility for defective products they place on the market, but even if they have a 99.9% safety rate, that leaves somebody out there (the .1%) who might get hurt by a product malfunction/failure, and the company/industry does not need to be sued into bankruptcy by someone looking to live the easy life because they broke their ankle in a roll-over.

And don't buy into the argument that the manufacturers can afford to pay these huge penalties...costs are passed onto the consumer (you and me) making the atvs and parts more expensive for us to buy.

I'm not meaning to be anti-responsibility here, I just think there are too damned many frivolous lawsuits.

So....Mr. Hazelton...we all would like to know....who are you suing and why?

Quick Reply: Broke rear knuckle on 650H1. Is this common?