Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you put snorkels on it and then went in deep water, and you want to hold the manufacturer responsible??? That is crazy. The dealer can't warranty it through AC because you snorkeled it. Regardless of if the dealer installed it incorrectly, which for all anyone knows he did it correctly and you did something else to brake it. Face it, you bought an expensive well made machine and proceeded to mod it to make it do something it was not intended to do.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004pred
So you put snorkels on it and then went in deep water, and you want to hold the manufacturer responsible??? That is crazy. The dealer can't warranty it through AC because you snorkeled it. Regardless of if the dealer installed it incorrectly, which for all anyone knows he did it correctly and you did something else to brake it. Face it, you bought an expensive well made machine and proceeded to mod it to make it do something it was not intended to do.
FYI the mud pro is a factory snorkeled machine. The OP did not add them on

https://ca.www.arcticcat.com/dirt/at...0-limited-eps/

Old 01-03-2017, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer

Zrock, thanks didn't know that. Stands to reason though AC will not warranty it as they don't know if the OP sank it or if it was really bad from the factory. Plus it is a sketch story as the OP and the first mechanic should have put 2 and 2 together. The only way he would have gotten it started again the first 4 times was to clean it out. If the mechanic said there was mud and water in it, and the OP is saying he never sank it than first thought should have been check the snorkel.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Ya things get missed.. they should have gave the owner the benefit of the doubt.. Look at some of my comments one of my machines was missing the belt housing snorkel tube completely and it was missed several times by the dealer and myself. Was never covered under warranty even though their was no way possible for the thing just to fall out like they stated when it was found. I think in the end it comes down to the dealer and how lazy they are on wanting to do warranty paperwork. I know from experience its sometimes easier to just eat the cost then trying to submit warranty paperwork to a company

Old 01-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

Agreed. I just have a tendency to side with the Manufacturers. There are a lot of sketchy people out there. Not saying the OP is but a lot of people will try to get warranty work for things they know they broke themselves doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004pred
Agreed. I just have a tendency to side with the Manufacturers. There are a lot of sketchy people out there. Not saying the OP is but a lot of people will try to get warranty work for things they know they broke themselves doing things they shouldn't be doing.
Every dealership has a few of those types of people. We had our share over the years.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Every dealership has a few of those types of people. We had our share over the years.

OPT - do you work at the dealer near the factory? I stopped in there a few months ago with my Dad looking at trailers....

Old 04-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

No worries anymore, haha. No more Arctic Cat ATVS. Only AC snow sleds. He will have to argue with Textron , a much bigger company.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It seems weird that they didn't keep the name at least. They could have simply said that it was a Textron company. Like I read on a post on Facebook I think, many people aren't going to realize that nothing has really changed except the name. I think it will cost them a lot of money in lost sales because people won't buy their machines because they're not Arctic Cat anymore.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
It seems weird that they didn't keep the name at least. They could have simply said that it was a Textron company. Like I read on a post on Facebook I think, many people aren't going to realize that nothing has really changed except the name. I think it will cost them a lot of money in lost sales because people won't buy their machines because they're not Arctic Cat anymore.
They apparently did a stupid market survey that said folks only recognized the Arctic Cat name in the northern states and Canada. Thats a stupid reason. Who in hell ever heard of Textron? I had a guy sell his Honda 500 Rubicon to buy my old 2001 Arctic Cat 500, because, at least in Maine, Arctic Cat has a great name, also, he knew I took good care of it, but he wouldn't have traded for an unknown brand! I love my Cats! BTW, I hope mister (customer service) is happy riding whatever pos he ended up with.

Quick Reply: Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of