Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Cheap 589 M/T's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

I found a set of 589 M/T's (26-12-12 rears) (26-10-12 fronts) for $35 each! The only problem is I have never had a set and they look like they will be rough riding. Most of the riding I do is on hard pack.

Until I ran into these I was set on buying the 26" Dirt Devils for my 650. What would you guys do? $80 per DD or $35 (blem) 589's?

By the way they are from Nebraska Tire, any input on dealer?

Old 02-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

They are more aggressive than DD, but IMO they steer and handle hard pack better than the stock ones do, I'd get them. Nebraska tire?

Old 02-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

I have the 589's from Nebraska tire and really like them. They are very good in the mud, pretty good on hard pack, but very poor on rocks (if you ride rock I would avoid them). As for Nebraska tire, I would buy from them again in a second. Got the tires quick, only mark is where they ground the name off (I could care less) , very nice to deal with and GREAT price! Good luck

Old 02-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Range Rover
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

Hey Dfarmer, As an owner of a 650AC, & looking around for tires to replace the stocks, i've been reading your posts & others about the tires i think i would be interested in. The same with you i think. I also went to Nebraska Tire. The 589 MT's would probably be a little bit more aggressive than what i think i'll end up getting. Trail riding in all kinds of terrain is what i'll be doing with my Cat. But for $35 , WOW! I do like the Dirt Devils, but am also looking at the Kenda Bear Claws & they are a lot cheaper. Do you have any opinions to share on these? Are you going to stay with stock rims? I may try to get a package deal on tires & rims. I really did like the Goodyear MTR's , except for the flex & roll of the tires. Came home from ride sat. with debris trapped between my tire & rim on front tire & both my rims have dents in them. Also went into limp mode 3 miles from the house. I had already ordered the reset harness from the AC dealer in Tulsa, noy in yet. So now i guess its probably do the black spring / shim thing & whatever it takes to solve that problem. Your reply to MTR's was right on. Let me know what you decide on tires, i'm gonna do some more looking around. I sure don't want to spoil the nice cushy ride of the 650 with a bad choice in tires. Any opinions on the Mudlites, maybe too soft, wear to fast? I'm shooting for 6-ply
on whatever i get. Regards, Jerico1 P.S. My previous ATV was a Polaris 600 SP (stolen)

Old 02-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

The 589's are very good tires and I think that you will be happy with them. In real slow speed and on hard pack you feel the roughness of the tread design a bit but once you go over 5 mph the roughness goes away and they ride fine. For the price, you cannot go wrong. Cat650

Old 02-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Range Rover
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

Welcome to the forum Cat650, Bearcat told me you would be coming aboard. I guess you know we're both in "Limp Mode" now with our Cats. It happened to me last sat. at the end of a trail ride, about 3 miles from home, luckily. What tires are you running on your Cat now. I know bearcat hated the MTR's. So, how is the 650 doing for you, any problems? Is it everything you thought it would be, say compared to other ATV's you've owned or ridden. Guess you're looking
forward to riding in the Rockies this summer with your friends. You guys take some great trips on some beautiful country.I may be joining you for some of that in Aug. I've been invited & hope to meet you & the rest of the guys. Bearcat & i stay in touch by e-mail, as i guess you & him also do. May take in the Laughlin River Run, late April, & swing by to see Bearcat on the way out.
Regards, Jerico1

Old 02-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Cheap 589 M/T's

Dear Jerico 1,

Thank you for the kind greeting. Currently I am running the stock Goodyear 26 inch tires. So far, they have been doing fine for me. As for my 650 it is running great. I have not had any problems with it and it has not gone into limp mode as of yet. Yes, it is everything I hoped to be. It is stable while riding along the sides of hills, handles great, the IRS works extremely well, and there is plenty of power. In comparing it to my other ATV's of the past, I think it is my favorite. Hope your able to make it to Colorado. We sure have fun and the mountains are beautiful to ride in. Hope to see you there. Cat650