Can a Yamaha blaster handle going over big rocks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I rode a Blaster once just down the driveway and back and it felt like I was on a kid's quad. I have short legs for my height but was still really cramped. One of my friends has a Blaster and loves it because it fits her and it fits down tight trails so well. The stage one kit wakes it up a bit but she can't go on an all day ride on it. It's just not a comfortable enough ride for her bad back. I have arthritis in every vertebrae but can handle the ride mostly because of the IRS on my quad.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As long as you're about 5'6" or under, one of these smaller quads doesn't feel so small. I assume your friend probably falls into that category. So they're fine for women and kids. Kids don't generally care about how a quad rides anyway. They just care how fast it goes lol. I don't have any back problems myself thankfully but irs is definitely more comfortable for long rides for sure. I find myself kinda wishing I had got a Grizzly 700 with power steering but it would have cost a lot more than the 660. Yamaha's power steering system is among the best I think and the shifter is a lot better on the 700 too. But to find one in good shape would have been around 2k more, just wasn't willing to spend that much. I think I wouldn't be quite so worn out after a long ride with power steering. Maybe next time.