2000 Polaris Xpedition 425 Speedo problem

Old 01-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Polaris Xpedition 425 Speedo problem

My Speedo doesn't work due to a voltage spike because of a bad battery and shorted it out. I can't find a new one anywhere and am having no luck locating a workable used one. does anyone know who can rebuild the one I have? I have no headlight or break light, no 4x4, no power to my winch, and the speedometer doesn't work.. I'm very frustrated this machine is a great machine just need this problem fixed

Old 01-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you check to see if the 20 amp sealed circuit breaker has power on each side of the red wire? Usually this breaker is first line defense on keeping damage from going to the dash,speedo,lights and modules when hooking leads up wrong,power surges,etc.If it doesn't have 12 volts on each side, split the pouch and check out the breaker. You can get them at any auto supply. Plus they can go out on their own when corroded or old. Locate up from the battery on the upper frame close to the left rear fender usually.Item #2 on parts list. Plus here's several breakers from new condition to corroded.

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Polaris Xpedition 425 Speedo problem-index.png   2000 Polaris Xpedition 425 Speedo problem-1000936wj9.jpg