ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

atc illegal in ca?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atc illegal in ca?

It is not illegal to ride 3 wheelers in cali. Mine is registered and I go to glamis, El mirage dry lake, etc. I see rangers everywere. There are so many at glamis you couldn't get rid of them. Maybe private tracks will not allow atcs.

Old 03-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Pro Rider

i was told you cant ride them at any blm state or federal land only privet land only

Old 03-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

If you are registered you should be fine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Told by whom?

Old 03-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

are we not allowed to sell are machines on here? I posted I'm sellin my trike..and it vanished?...wtf??...o yea..anyone wana buy my trike?...I gotta take pics of the new tires..but other then that..its on the pic page...I'm askin $1,750....

Old 03-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

I've been riding my 350X all season @ Glamis, Buttercup and Ocotillio Wells and no problemo. I'm thinking you might have got some bad information.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to find another place to live. The night I move out, I am inviting ALL of the people I know with ATV's to come over, remove thier baffles, and we are gonna have fun until 10:00 at night. Then we can get tickets for disturbance of the peace. Then around 6 the next morning, we will do it again all day.
but you gotta go all night like start at 9 or 10 and continue till 8 the next morning!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

drummerguy, yes you can sell your bike on here, but you have to be supporting member. Then you place it in the garagesale&swap post. I have heard of people putting them into the classified ads at the bottom of the page for free, not sure if it is though. Otherwise, when a moderator see's your post again he will wipe it off again. AlaskaBoy.

Old 03-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

i live in los angeles and i have an 85 250r, i just registered it last month (feb 2004)

Old 04-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't know where you are getting your info, but it is WRONG! As long as you have a currently registered vehicle it can be operated anywhere any other green stickered vehicle can be. There are limitations such as some trails are only for two-wheelers, but entrance to any state run OHV park is legal so long as your ATC is registered. If anyone is barring your entry they are in violation. As for registration, DMV has not issued any directive nor has any law been enacted to prohibit registration of ATCs. In fact, it would be hard for them to even identify them since titles and registrations only list them as OHVs and they would have to find a way to separate ATCs from ATVs. For instance, a 1985-86 250R could be both an ATC and a 4-wheeler. Only the VIN# would identify which and the DMV isn't setup to identify a vehicle at registration time other than as an OHV. My 1985 350X was renewed last year and is good until 2005. I have ridden it at Pismo, Dumont, Gorman and Texas Canyon all in the past 8 months. If the state decided to illegalize the thousands of ATCs still currently registered they would have to refund all that green-sticker money to the owners, albeit on a pro-rated basis. Given the current budget deficit, before that would happen they would more likely set a date for any ban to be effective and they would stop renewals so that registrations would expire before the ban implementation and they wouldn't have to make (m)any refunds. In any case, banning a legal form of vehicle registration would require a public notice and/or hearing of some kind. Individual state OHVRAs can't make that decision on their own. If any ranger told you otherwise I'd get his name and badge# and file a complaint with the proper authorities. At the least, if a ban is enacted you would likely get some notice from DMV when your ATCs registration came up for renewal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: atc illegal in ca?