ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

atc illegal in ca?

Old 03-20-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atc illegal in ca?

well i just found out that atc are baned from ca riding areas besides pismo so i cant go ride at carnige or stonyford or hollister god damnit i am mad is there a way to get around this?

Old 03-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think there is any way around it. 3-wheelers are illegal here in Wyoming except for agricultural use. So, now the thing is finding someone to enforce it. So far, I have been safe and I have met quite a few of the rangers around here. I play ignorance and talk to them about it. They usually come away thinking the law is stupid and not writing me a ticket.

Old 03-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Im sure theres a loop hole out there somewhere you just need to look really hard for it. If you find one i am sure people on the forum would like to know it

Old 03-21-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

I would think that on private property you can drive anything you want from a uni-cycle to a 40 wheeled monster garage creation.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Now in a park the state or landowner may be able to set their own rules. Still I bet we have some constitutional rights concerning this.

Old 03-21-2004, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think the constitution has anything to say about motorized vehicles. I wish it did. I live where there is a home owner's assoc. I am not part of it since I am the only renter in this area. I get dirty looks everytime I ride my trike on the roads. They are not county maintained, so they can't call the cops on me. They are going to enact a "rule about atv's" in the next meeting just to keep me off the road. I am not a vandal, I ride very respectfully. They are just anti-atv, bunny hugging, tree lovers from Boulder, CO. that bought "summer houses" up here in Wyoming. They need to go back. When they do enact the rule, I am going to find another place to live. The night I move out, I am inviting ALL of the people I know with ATV's to come over, remove thier baffles, and we are gonna have fun until 10:00 at night. Then we can get tickets for disturbance of the peace. Then around 6 the next morning, we will do it again all day.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WyoBullRydr
I don't think the constitution has anything to say about motorized vehicles. I wish it did. I live where there is a home owner's assoc. I am not part of it since I am the only renter in this area. I get dirty looks everytime I ride my trike on the roads. They are not county maintained, so they can't call the cops on me. They are going to enact a "rule about atv's" in the next meeting just to keep me off the road. I am not a vandal, I ride very respectfully. They are just anti-atv, bunny hugging, tree lovers from Boulder, CO. that bought "summer houses" up here in Wyoming. They need to go back. When they do enact the rule, I am going to find another place to live. The night I move out, I am inviting ALL of the people I know with ATV's to come over, remove thier baffles, and we are gonna have fun until 10:00 at night. Then we can get tickets for disturbance of the peace. Then around 6 the next morning, we will do it again all day.
i like you plan i do that here were i live i say screw it ill take a 75 dollar ticket but after like the 100th time they took my old atv away from me i only payed 200$ for it but i do miss her lol a suzuki 125 have know clue what moddle

Old 03-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

u know what, screw the law, I live in a little town , and I got really nasty neibors, and I ride my trike in town, and I havent got caught yet, Its NOT ILLEGAL if you DONT get caught [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], they gotta catch ya first [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: slidesquad
well i just found out that atc are baned from ca riding areas besides pismo so i cant go ride at carnige or stonyford or hollister god damnit i am mad is there a way to get around this?
Where did you hear this?
Can you quote section and number?

If you can't ride why pay for a sticker.
Since CA is hurting for money this might be a time to hit them if this is true.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

you cant get it stickerd last time you could was 99 i beleve maby 2000

Old 03-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: slidesquad
you cant get it stickerd last time you could was 99 i beleve maby 2000
I might not of read it right but, I got my 79 110 registered this past year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: atc illegal in ca?