ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

too much gas

Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too much gas

i have an 82 atc 200 and its flooding like mad. just turn the gas on and gas starts pouring out of the overflow. i assume that this is because the float settings are too high right? any idea on how to adjust the settings or how high/low these should be? any help would be awsome.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default too much gas

If this just started all of the sudden I would look at the float in the carb, pull the carb apart remove the float and shake it to see if it has gas trapped inside it. If it does, the float is cracked and that is your problem. If it does not have gas in it, inspect the float needle valve if there are any scratches or tears on it replace it, if there is any debris on it clean it. take a light on shine it on the seat where the float needle valve shuts off the fuel flow to the carb., again if there is debris take the entire carb apart and clean every every port, jet, and surface. Put it all back together and if it still pours out the overflow, then I would begin looking into changing the float level. Personally I would only change the float level after I checked and cleaned everything else.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default too much gas

get a carb kit ....like$13 ..........clean the carb real good, replace the parts in the kit....and set the float and needle.......I'll find my book and post the settings for you.