ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

U EVER SEE OR HEAR, OF AN ATC WITH ATV TRACKS

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Rolling on 3 (wheels)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im kinda surprised that you would get stuck, but then again, you have a big Red and a foot of snow. I have 6" on average and an ATC 185s, never got it stuck yet, it practically floats over the snow! well, it might also be due to the Cheng Shin Mud Buster (now called Lumberjack) tires I have on it.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

I knew you could replace the front tire with a ski but no idea about tracks.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I remember a guy had a set on an old Yamaha three wheeler years ago. Something he had made up. I was only young and never really sized it up much. I remember him saying it didn't turn well at all. I am guessing that would be true, especially in low snow, or hard pack conditions. It will just want to go straight ahead.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bomba-doo
I remember a guy had a set on an old Yamaha three wheeler years ago. Something he had made up. I was only young and never really sized it up much. I remember him saying it didn't turn well at all. I am guessing that would be true, especially in low snow, or hard pack conditions. It will just want to go straight ahead.
In deep snow, if theres no ski on the front it takes a bigger area to turn. In little snow or dry conditions my 250sx pivoted better on tracks than tires.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Rolling on 3 (wheels)

Originally Posted by Degoragon
Im kinda surprised that you would get stuck, but then again, you have a big Red and a foot of snow. I have 6" on average and an ATC 185s, never got it stuck yet, it practically floats over the snow! well, it might also be due to the Cheng Shin Mud Buster (now called Lumberjack) tires I have on it.
I found one type of snow it doesn't like, slush. Its fine on both hard pack and powder, and even mildly wet snow (Snow ball grade), but its slow going in extremely slushy snow. I tried it the other week, it was 40 degrees, and the snow was melting. it was mostly water and it was so slushy you could squeeze water out of the snow. it could go through it, but not very well, and I was Soaking wet by the time i was done riding, chunks of slush snow rained down on me and the trike. any other kind of snow though, it goes anywhere!

Spin the back tires and launch snowballs!

Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

In reflection, the guy I seen with tracks on the Yamaha probably had more trouble because it was a Yamaha. They were light in the front anyway. Keeping the front tire down on a good day was bad enough compared to a Honda. He had a tire on front too, no ski.