ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb question

Sorry for the vagueness but, from the best I can gather the ATC I picked up, earlier post, is a 84 model 200 es maybe a big red but not sure. It has an electric start and a pull start. The battery is missing and the cheapest one I can find is 90 bux. First, what battery will go in here and which ones do you guys use? Second, since it has a pull start, does it need a battery at all? Lastly, there are vent hoses that were removed from the bike, It appears that it connects to the crank case but it has a "T" in it and it connects to something else. What does it connect to? Lastly, the manual that was given to me with the bike is almost useless so here is another dumb question. Does the fuel line from the tank petcock go directly to the top of the carb? what line is best for this application?

Thanks,,

Old 06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dumb question

You do not want to take out the charging system so buy the battery It should be 40bucks or so at walmart or canadiantire. There should be a screened filter on the one end of the t hose, the fuel line does go directly to the carb. You can get an original manual in a cd on ebay for a dollar and 7 dollar shipping or something like that.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dumb question

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nspctr1

Sorry for the vagueness but, from the best I can gather the ATC I picked up, earlier post, is a 84 model 200 es maybe a big red but not sure. It has an electric start and a pull start. The battery is missing and the cheapest one I can find is 90 bux. First, what battery will go in here and which ones do you guys use? Second, since it has a pull start, does it need a battery at all? Lastly, there are vent hoses that were removed from the bike, It appears that it connects to the crank case but it has a "T" in it and it connects to something else. What does it connect to? Lastly, the manual that was given to me with the bike is almost useless so here is another dumb question. Does the fuel line from the tank petcock go directly to the top of the carb? what line is best for this application?

Thanks,,</end quote></div>

Not sure about the rest of it, but buy a good battery. It's one thing that you get exactly what you pay for. And trust me, 10 km's back in the woods is not where you want to be wondering why you didn't pay $20.00 extra for a good battery.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dumb question

Give them the make and model and they will match it. The last thing you need is battery acid leaking all over the battery box and frame. Like i said 40bucks for the big red and 100bucks for the foreman.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Dumb question

Thanks, So the filter on the end of the line on the crank case vent line? Where does the other end hook up?

Thanks everyone for the help. I would like to get it running this weekend if possible.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dumb question

It is just a crank case breather line. The only thing it connects to is the crankcase. One side just ends just above the trunk which is under the seat....then down to the t....over to the crankcase and down 6 inches or so to the screen. So if water crossing where not part of your plans it would be fine the way it is. Walmart was out of batteries for my foreman ($96.00) so i bought one "tonight" at canadian tire $123.96 out the door..... ouch!!! ... had i been thinking i would have got the price for your atc.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Dumb question

Thanks, so the T is just an additional line to vent in case you encounter water?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dumb question

Oh i am sure there is at least 100hrs of input into the crank case breather line by the Japanese.....dust, water, amount of vent pressure. It would be probably best to stick to stock unless you like experimenting with things.