Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » General Discussion » ATC 3-Wheelers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 1980 Honda 110 3 wheeler

Help...Question has anyone run into this.

I have a 1980 Honda 110 3 wheeler that occasionally runs? I get spark, fuel appears to good I even tried starting fuild into the carb and cylendar and sometimes it starts and runs strong no problems however after sitting for awhile I try to start and no luck my shoulder is sore. Is there a trick starting?

The rubber fitting from carb to airbox is missing. However I read somewhere people where taking them off and getting better perfomance. I wonder if this is the problem maybe the engine needs the restriction when starting? does anyone know? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 05-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Well could be a few things. Could be getting too much air/not enough fuel. I bought a cheap radiator hose for a car and cut it in half...works better than most hoses made to fit. Have you cleaned the carb? If not...its a must. I also suggest an inline fuel filter. I never drive my bikes on reserve just to be safe. Could be a few other issue but those are the most common. Try choking/half choke. If it will not start unless you use starting fluid, its prob a dirty carb. Best wishes.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

So you have no air cleaner at all, just an open carb? I agree, your carb definately need to be cleaned plus its probably lean. Performance gain?? Sounds like the opposite to me. Put the airbox back together and with an airfilter.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for input - over the next week I plan on pulling the Carb and giving a good cleaning. Also I will order pickup a hose to hookup the airbox.

Thanks again I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.....
Old 06-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

i have the same problemb with my atc110 but i have no idea of how to pull a carb
Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

First changed the spark plug - started then to be safe I cleaned the carb and hooked up the airbox it's running great....

Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Change Spark first, verify spark, then consider cleaning the carb. I also recommend getting Clymer Service Manual.

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Tags
110, 1980, 1980honda, 3wheeler, atc, atv, filter, fuel, honda, horsepower, model, number, plug, spark, wheeler