ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

84 250r tips /advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the how to, im gonna try and do something on it tomorrow, brake parts will be in, just started warming up here in illinois and im gettin the fever, i found a site ,bike bandit that carries most parts for these, they actually showed every part i needed to b in stock, only they want you to give up life savings for each one.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM
2 strokes or 4

Good luck with your R. Yeah I have a sister in Ky. stayed there for a couple yrs. too cold for me I much rather the humidity of S. Louisiana.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

her ya go man ... Airfoolers.com ... all about the air cooled 250R there ... good info and people

Old 03-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the sight link, the parts guy at honda dealership just gave me that today, found out my front master cyl is from god knows, plastic lid, kind of almost triangular shape, no diaphram just bunch o silicone they tried to make a gasket with, so ill be searching 4 a new mast cyl, unless i can find out what it came off of

Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

fresh gas 32/1 clean carb, fresh plug, exhaust leaks fixed, could not repack factory muffler, it only has a silencer that comes out, did have it off settin on end for 4-5 days and a lil oil drained out, put it all back together, starts 1st kick, idles good, but still dogs out bout half way or better through 1st 3 gears, i do not have a airbox lid, uni filter/ outerwear, could it be reeds? gonna order boysens, tryin to find a lid, could it be gettin too much air? gonna try and find a aftermarket muffler as well

Old 03-17-2010, 06:30 PM
2 strokes or 4

Do you know how big your main jet is? Sounds like it may be a little big. How does the new plug look, dark and fouled or greyish brown? I don't know the signs of worn reeds maybe somebody will chime in about them.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by sdm111
Do you know how big your main jet is? Sounds like it may be a little big. How does the new plug look, dark and fouled or greyish brown? I don't know the signs of worn reeds maybe somebody will chime in about them.
X2 check your plug to see if the jettings right, correct jetting is very important for 2-strokes

Old 03-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

ok ive ridden it twice but only 10 minutes or so each time with the new plug it still looks new, no color, deposits, but its wet w gas, i have the mixture screw 1 1/2 turns out, ive also let it idle couple times while i rigged my front light& try to figure out rear light, the old plug has a lil oil first 3 threads are black, but it really looks good, just wet as well, no buildup on electrode, i orderd boysen reeds, moose reed spacer, that should be in today& go on tonight, i can get a dg muffler for 100 bucks, thinkin bout ordering that, the headpipe is 200 but ill prob get that later on, then ill have to re-jet im guessing

Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

ok i finally got a chance to ride it hard for a couple hours and noticed head gasket was leaking pretty bad, raced my buddy on his 400ex modded, beat him once outa 30 or so tries drag racing, my throttle is so hard to push, i checked and lubed it, its a lil better but still to damn stiff, can i shorten the spring in the carb above the slide? that seems to be where the stiffness is from, looking inside my cyl looks to have had some porting, the walls look fine, the head has a lot of gashes in it on that 1/2" or so where it tapers toward the dome area, looks like something had exploded in there at one time, but the dome is fine, knocked the carbon off,and base that mounts to gasket looked fine, gasket is copper was gonna try and reuse it looks fine cleaned the oil off i'm gonn order couple but itll take a week 2 get them, my sprockets are stock, rear tires are 25" mud sharks would like to swap em for shredder type in 20". im all eyes and ears ,appreciate the advice i want to smoke my buddies 400 ex, plug was still wet no build up and bike still started 1st kick every time

Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

well i finally got the bugs out, did lil modding, and lord have mercy is what i say after lil ride,i added moose reed spacer/ boysen carbon proreeds/ ported the reedcage, removed about 1/3 of spring on carb slide to soften throttle/ shaved head, and i walk all over my buds highly modded 400ex, im still runnin stock gears, it has these huge 25" mudsharks on the rear that were on when i got it, thinkin about 22'' razor type tires these mud tires hook up too much i wanna slide a lil when i hammer it in the slicker stuff ,but i dont wanna loose bunch top end ,cant figure out how to resize my pics to get em on here.

Quick Reply: 84 250r tips /advice