ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Honda 200m idles but dies when giving gas.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 200m idles but dies when giving gas.

hey everyone. i am in desperate need of some help. i was riding through trails with a buddy and came across a flooded trail. we figured we could make it through so we gave it a try. the water was over the foot of my boot and probably half way up the motor. it was fine the first time through but when we came back through it just died on me. then i would start it and it would idle but as soon as i would give it gas it would die. it has been about a month since and the same thing is still happening. So if anyone could help me out then please do. Thanks a lot.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd drain the carb bowl overflow/drain tube into a clear container. If you have any water it would settle at the bottom.May be all that's needed,may just be sucking water from the bottom of the fuel bowl causing it to die? Water may have gotten into the air box and into carb. I'd check the oil too to see if it's milky colored. Plus simple things like a new plug,check the air filter. You may have to go into the carb and blow out the main and plot jets, if draining the carb and fuel tank(if necessary) doesn't help.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you sucked mud/dirt into your carb. Take it off & remove all the jets (careful not to lose anything), spray the whole inside with carb cleaner (through all holes) & blow through them with an air hose. after you put it back on you'll need to adjust the fuel/air mix (long brass needle on the bottom closest to the engine) Don't screw it in too tight or it will break. It should be a couple of tuns out. Also a good idea to change your oil & clean out your airbox.