ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

There have been no posts in the last 365 days in this forum? Outlaw trails WV

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to call the phone number listed on the Riders Paradise website to book it. The reservation is $100 and they ask you to send a check.

I use the storage side of the rotopax for fluids, tow strap, extra filter and some loose little stuff I throw in a ziploc bag. It will leak if you bury it under water. And dust will get in it, especially when it's real dusty trail conditions.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I pulled up the site again and not sure what I was looking at but the phone number was right there on the upper right.
Since the storage side gets dust in it I will just go with x2 fuel jugs.

Thanks

Old 03-15-2011, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default If anyone knows of any good Outfitters

I'm looking to set up an ATV trip with my friends this summer. We want to do an extended back country trip where we stop and camp each night. Something like a 3-5 day trip would be great. We would have to rent the ATVs. So if anyone know of any Outfitters that could accommodate this please let me know. I've seen such trips on the Outdoor channel, but never wrote down any information. I've been searching the internet but have only found short two day trips. I liked to do something where we gas up at isolated spots before continuing on. I've found links about old logging trails in Colorado and Montana but the internet links are dead ends. Please help me if you have any suggestions or ideas.
Thanks

Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

Headed to the pinnacle creek campground april 21-23 to ride the outlaws. Anyone gonna be there around this time?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you are staying at Ashland Resort,just ask at office where Riders Paradise is. Cool bar and great burgers.Also all kind of outlaw trails just ask Jerry.He also has outlaw maps.Only been there once,that was 04/24 2011-27th.It was a blast!!! And you can ride on paved rds. or trails to and from outlaw trails

Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Had a great time the weekend of the 14th. Jerry (Riders Paradise) took good care of our crew and yes they do make an awesome burger. I have a ton of videos I will post in the video forum and the where to ride forum.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Butch450
If you plan on riding the outlaw trails you might want to carry extra fuel. There are places to eat but no fuel. The wagon wheel itself is closed but there are a few other places to get food. Last time we stayed at Hilltop escape and it's on the outlaw trails by the stairsteps. From there you can hit the road and drive down to ashland general store on the road. I think it was like 5 miles.

Here is a link to a playlist of videos from our last trip. Most of the footage was outlaw trails with a little bit of the connector trail and pinnacle creek. I have footage of Indian ridge but it was pretty boring so I didn't use it. The trail was fun to ride just nothing special for use in a video.

YouTube - West Virginia Grizzly Riders Group Ride 2010
wow butch thats a sweet place. my dad and uncle go there a bunch.
man you rolled the crap outa the Grizz what happened.. man that hill must have been straight up..

Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Butch450
If you plan on riding the outlaw trails you might want to carry extra fuel. There are places to eat but no fuel. The wagon wheel itself is closed but there are a few other places to get food. Last time we stayed at Hilltop escape and it's on the outlaw trails by the stairsteps. From there you can hit the road and drive down to ashland general store on the road. I think it was like 5 miles.

Here is a link to a playlist of videos from our last trip. Most of the footage was outlaw trails with a little bit of the connector trail and pinnacle creek. I have footage of Indian ridge but it was pretty boring so I didn't use it. The trail was fun to ride just nothing special for use in a video.

YouTube - West Virginia Grizzly Riders Group Ride 2010
wow butch thats a sweet place. my dad and uncle go there a bunch.
man you rolled the crap outa the Grizz what happened.. man that hill must have been straight up..

Old 04-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

It was a little steep but the real reason it rolled was the fact that it is rutted out real bad. I wound up hitting a pretty large rock in the rut and it bounced me out of it. This last trip we didn't see anyone try it and to me it looked even worse. I heard from a buddy who has a camper at hilltop that 2 popo's tried it last weekend and they both rolled bad.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

Wow, old dead thread. Not that many here have rode West Virginia i guess. More trails to ride in this state than any State in the nation.