ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

I NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2000, 02:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[red]note from atvbbs: with 8000+ users of the forums, you are requested not to post duplicates in other forums. Your other posts, which had no replies, have been deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.[/red]
Hi,

Since it is getting closer to "roostin" time, and I have some dough to burn, I went by my local "speed shop", and the guy who runs the place suggested the following for my 99 Banshee (Euro spec). (Mind you, he races jet skies and has one that really kicks *** with $11k worth of mods to the engine alone!):

* A pair of pipes called "Bill's Pipes". Never heard of them, but he says his customers are happier with them in both performance and build quality that the T5's, which I though were one of the best around.

* No jetting required (he said that the stock jetting is already rich for this climate (+100 deg weather, humid at sea level). I was surprised, but he said that jet kits end up being too rich.

* Pro Design Cool Head (20 cc). He said that choice was both safe and fast.

* Ignition advancer.

* Air Filter.

Total price for all that (installed): $1300

What do you guys think? I searched the archives but became confused. I need to get this done within 24 hours (that is the appt. I made with him), so your responses are really appreciated.

Mr CoOol

PS What about Reed Valves? Any gains in modifying them? If so, what are your recommendations?

Note: if any one red this before im sorry because i didnt know witch forum to send it to

Old 04-04-2000, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

I don't own a Banshee but 2 stroke mods are basically all the same.

Here is what I would do..

Bill's pipes are good. I prefer LRD.
Definitely get new reeds. Boyesen, FMF, delta etc. They are all good.
You don't need to but a cool head just have yours milled down a little bit. This is done at most local accessory shops. Higher compression increases low end performance. The only problem here is if the compression is too high then you you'll have to run high octane fuel 93 to 115.
Ignition advancer?? I don't know anything about that. Call Jason at LRD he'll set you straight. 503-661-6700. Tell him Waymod sent you.
You will most definitely have to rejet your bike.
Don't waste you time buying a jet kit. All they will sell you are a few jets sizes and new needles. You can buy these separately for a substantial savings.
This is why you must contact an ATV professional. They'll sell only what jets and things you need and tell you where to start the jetting procedure.

I'll email you some jetting guide lines to help things along. Good luck in your quest for SPEED.

Waymod

Old 04-04-2000, 06:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx waymod
so you r telling me to go for the bills
I will
ill fix the pips first thing in the morning
and thanx for the help
yours
(MR-CoOoL)