Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

what company NOT to buy from!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what company NOT to buy from!!!!!!!!!

whatever you do. do not buy from champion powersports in bellville michigan. they have the worst customer service in the world hands down. tell you one price, ship the thing and there is a totally different price with all kinds of extra charges, and if you dont take delivery, who's not going to with the gold in hand, you get charged for the delivery that they supposedly dont charge you. give me some feedback on anyone that has heard of this problem with champion or any other place. oh, to top it all off, i need the certificate of origin to register my z and they didnt send it and said they cant because it has to go to secretary of state dmv for the title. let me know about you cert of origin also, if you have had any probs anywhere or even if you need them to register in your state. if we ride without registering we get fined $80 a pop. and the state DEC is everywhere now. someone give some advice. have already recently lodged complaints with the michigan attorney generals office, the better business bereau, the federal trade commision, and the consumer protection agency. last time i did this with a company that thought they were going to crap on me and take my hard earned money, they ended up calling me and refunding a full refund of $800 promptly after i had the four agencies calling and harassing them to take care of the issue.

Old 05-29-2003, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what company NOT to buy from!!!!!!!!!

I'm from michigan, and I have never heard of having to have a registered quad, or get a ticket?
Not that mine aren't registered, but I have never had any DNR ask for a registration yet. Where did you get this information? I belong to MATVA, so I will ask our trainer for trail certification class if this is a rule.
I thought all you had to have on the trail was your DNR sticker and your drivers license with you.
Just my two cents. Oh, and I have heard of champion dealership before, my friends used to deal with them, now they go to Ohio now to buy their quads, its a lot cheaper and easier.
Jude