Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

IS THERE ROOM TO NEGOTIATE WITH DEALERS FOR NEW 400'S?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THERE ROOM TO NEGOTIATE WITH DEALERS FOR NEW 400'S?

I am about to buy a 400- either Bombardier or Polaris

Polaris is giving a winch, Bombardier a 3 year warranty.

Is there room to negotiate pricing usually, or at least get some added value item such as PDI thrown in, a helmet, or a "storage box seat"?

How much vs. MSRP would a dealer typically make on these items (ie. what is thier cost?)

I'm not trying to get it for free or anything, but I have found that dealers always are interested in their current stock as the "best choice" for me.....

Old 06-13-2003, 12:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS THERE ROOM TO NEGOTIATE WITH DEALERS FOR NEW 400'S?

It depends on the dealer and the availability and demand of the machine. Once you pick a machine then pick a goal price. Call or visit different dealers and get some prices. Some dealers will just apply things like bonus bucks to the discount price of the quad. Won't even tell you that they applied it. Certain items cost more so it's harder to get them to throw them in. They might throw something in if the price hasn't been reduced much yet. I looked at some Polaris' when I bought my Recon. The dealers that I talked to offered a winch but wouldn't go down on the price much at all. But it never hurts to ask. If a quad cost $6300. then I'd aim for at least $5800. to $6000. OTD. (Final Cost) You might be able to do even better. I'm not sure how much the dealers make compared to the retail or whatever. There is a site that will sell you dealers cost of a atv for around $10. Just do a "atv dealers cost" search and something should come up. Good luck.