Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Looking at a yamaha grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a yamaha grizzly

Im looking at a 2010 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI with power steering. It is in great condition, other than the seat needs recovered. Everything else looks great. It has 3000 miles on it. I got him to $3000. Does this sound like a good deal? anything to look out for on these? Are these good machines? Any opinions on this is appreciated, thanks.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, they are great machines. Check eBay for seat covers. I'm an Arctic Cat fanatic, but my mechanic works on all brands, says Yamahas are the most dependable and well engineered!

Old 12-18-2016, 01:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a great deal to me. Its hard to find a 660 for that price. The 700 is a much better machine in my opinion. Power steering on the 700 feels seemless. Easy starting with efi as well. If I had found a 700 with eps for that price, I'd have bought that instead of the Brute Force. I'd look for a local shop that works on furniture, they could probably simply recover your seat. Some atv dealers will recover a seat and its pretty cheap to just get it recovered.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok, sounds like they are great machines and a good deal, I'm going to work on getting it then.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by greg74
Sounds like a great deal to me. Its hard to find a 660 for that price. The 700 is a much better machine in my opinion. Power steering on the 700 feels seemless. Easy starting with efi as well. If I had found a 700 with eps for that price, I'd have bought that instead of the Brute Force. I'd look for a local shop that works on furniture, they could probably simply recover your seat. Some atv dealers will recover a seat and its pretty cheap to just get it recovered.
hey, I noticed you were in IL, so am I. Where do you ride at? just looking for some more good places to ride next spring.

Old 12-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by sstumpf95
hey, I noticed you were in IL, so am I. Where do you ride at? just looking for some more good places to ride next spring.
I'm in southern part here, near Salem IL. There are a few good places within reasonable driving distance from here. Little Egypt down near Marion IL is nice. Williams Hill Pass just down the road from there is good too. Coyote atv trails over in Coulterville is a fun place but not that many miles of trail. I've been to South Fork Dirt Riders in Taylorville too, not a bad place to spend the day. If you're farther north, there are places up there as well. Here's site that has a lot of places listed Illinois ATV Trails Page 1

Old 12-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Cool, thanks. I'm in central IL about 30 minutes south of champaign. I've been riding at mill creek, just outside of Marshall most of the time. But I have been down to little egypt 2 or 3 times, love that place, just a far drive. I think I'll try out Williams Hill pass and Taylorville next spring as well.

Old 12-19-2016, 01:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've heard of Mill Creek, looks like im about 100 miles from Marshall, might go there sometime myself. Never been to Mill Creek. Sounds like a good place to go for a day trip.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a good deal and there shouldn't be much of anything to worry about barring the owner took good care of it like one should do for any internal combustion engine.

Does it have any aftermarket items on it? Would be a plus if there are aftermarket wheels on it as those generally have offsets that favor a wider stance. The Grizzly has garnered a reputation to be a bit tippy so wider wheels are a benefit. I have OEM wheels on mine but use 1" solid aluminum wheel spacers on each wheel for that added width. Even though they have the reputation of being a bit tippy, I would not get rid of it as I'm very happy with my Grizzly 700. Also, nothing a bit of body english can't do to offset a quad on off-camber trails.