Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda or Kawasaki Sport?

What's your opinion? What do you ride? Why? How do you ride it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

If you were looking at buying a sport or ute in the 400 to 450 (w/ reverse) range, which would you buy? I'm looking to trail ride and maybe a little bit of jumps (nothing too large). Thanks for your thougts and suggestions.

Anyone out there own a 4x4 450 Wolverine? I've been eyeballing that bike. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can see what I ride and where, in my signature below. By far the best all-around machine is the Z400. It does everything well, doesn't really have any bad qualities, handles excellent, and when you are ready for more power the engine hops up real nice.

As for the Wolverine, I had great hopes for that concept! The old Wolverine was trying to be a sport bike with 4wd, but fell a little short of the ultimate concept in many ways........still, a nice try though. The new one is an unknown. Basically, they took a utility and stripped the racks off. It is far to heavy, and there is nothing "sporty" about an automatic transmission (belt drive). Probably, this machine is a step backward in the persuit of the ulitmate machine, but on the other hand I can see it filling a niche for some riders.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anymore man all of the brands have good things to offer. It really just comes down to personal preferance. I am a little partial to Honda, but I buy all of them. Like reconranger said, the Z400 is probably the best all around machine. It is a real reliable bike as well.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are no 450 sports with reverse(yet) I ride an '85 LT250R and a YFZ, mostly fast trail riding with the occasional mx track thrown in. I bought the LT because I was just getting back into quads and wanted something fast and cheap to start out with. The YFZ was purchased because it is even faster and handles like a dream. Great suspension for just playing on the jumps to. There isn't much out there about the 450 Wolverine just yet. It looks to be a good quad, but will probably still be outgunned by the 500 Scrambler. Polaris has a few other 500's that may interest you also on the sport side. The Outlaw with IRS, and the Predator. 450 class power with good suspension, handling, and reverse. Great trail bikes, these two.