Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Chinese ATV is Good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Which Chinese ATV is Good?

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I do know a guy that said the same thing about the bidaddy/linhai 260 before he and his father would buy a container. Said they tried to break some demos and couldn't. He was a big dude like you too, mwq. Then they sold the container without any issues. I would rank them at least close to Polaris in quality. Same with Kymco.
I have heard some good things about Kymco myself. Not to familar with linhai but have heard of them.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
ajd187, for a 70 lb kid, seems to me a soft suspension would be a good thing. I would ask what adult rides a 90 but my kid's is just so dang much fun. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Anyway, if you one 8 year old kid that you're looking to upgrade for in a couple year, then you're probably right. Mine will be passed down. I plan on getting another 6-8 years out of that machine. Then it may become a pit bike.
I agree that the soft suspension is fine for a 70 lb child but I have 95 lb one who is growing daily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I only mentioned the suspension being soft as a point of what seemed like fit and finish to me. Clearly both machines are designed for a smaller rider but even so the Honda's will hold a bigger rider if you want it to.

We may end up passing the Honda down, and if so I know we'll have a stable machine that is goig to run forever with just maintainence.

But I agree that there are some brands that are probably OK. For example Dinli and Jetmoto seem to be credible. Baja doesn't seem too bad either -- at least they have a support network and aren't a flgy by night outfit.

I think taht the China brands will be there in a few years, and then the big boys will realy have something to worry about!

Old 05-06-2006, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt take one of them knock offs anywhere i wouldnt take my lawn mower

Old 12-31-2008, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which Chinese ATV is Good?"></title><script src=

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

If you want a ute type machine, then the Honda Recon 250 (avoid the ES) which is very similar to the 250EX I mentioned above. Reliable, time tested, shaft drive design, and a kick to ride! Should be some used ones around.........

http://powersports.honda.com/a...6&ModelId=TRX250TM6[/q

May I ask why one should stay clear of the 'ES'????

Old 01-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mic_

May I ask why one should stay clear of the 'ES'????</end quote></div>

That post was years ago but my answer would be... because the forum is full of people who have them and are trying to get it to work right. Either get a foot-shifter or an automatic, but not an ES.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen Kawasaki Bayou 250s for as cheap as any Chinese brand ATV....brand new I've seen them for under $3,000 and slightly used around 2k ....... My neighbor got a Yamaha Bear Tracker 250 last summer for $2,000 and the thing was hardly used...... Honda's are more expensive so if you are scared off by price the other Japanese brands might have something.......

Old 01-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't buy a Roketa, and you don't need to spend all that money on a polaris. Supermach is a great brand. I can get them 200s, 250s, 300s, ranging from $1200-$3000. '08 and '09 models. prices are cheaper for manual clutch, automatics are a little bit more but they'll be in this price range. I also live in Florida. If you want help getting one let me know. It also won't come in a crate like most do if you order off-line

Old 01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got sucked in on a Chinese machine. TOATOA ata300-a1, from CANADA-ATV. it is a nice looking machine , good welds , graphics etc etc ,other than a few loose bolts when set up ok. First off started machine antifreeze leaking out of cracked thermostat housing, this was in first 5 minutes of use, of course warranty new part but no shipping paid by dealer or manufacturer, $10 dollar part cost $55.00 US to ship it from California, since no parts available in Vancouver Canada where main branch is. I repaired housing crack with JB WELD, worked great. Drove machine 5 km exactly when noticed oil pouring out of crankcase breather, shut down machine checked oil level way over full in 10 minutes running, something has broken inside the engine and filled engine crankcase with anti-freeze, called dealer again agreed to have me pull the engine and they will ship me a new complete engine but not until my engine gets to them, the saga continues .............what really bites my *** is I did quite a lot of research and checked out various manufactures, thought a cheaper chinese machine would suit my needs running me back and forth to my ice fishing hut owell probably be several weeks until I get an engine back, .............off I go hiking again

Old 03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you have to have a chinese atv..I here that JCL and BMS are among the top chinese quads and the prices are the highest of the chinese quads. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Here are the links

www.bmsmotor.com
www.jclusa.com