Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Non-name brand ATV

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-name brand ATV

I'm new and looking at buying a non-name brand machine.

Any info on these would be greatly appreciated.

Hi-bird 250 cc Atv 2wd for $1250.00
Hi-bird 250 cc atv 4wd w/ rack, hitch, and winch for 1700.00
Hi-bird 200 cc atv 2wd for 800.00

All are new and include shipping.

Any other suggestions in that price range?

Thank you all very much for the help!

Old 08-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.atvconnection.co...id/17/threadid/525175

With all these off brands, you will spend more time wrenching and towing, than you will riding! You buy one, and I guarantee you you will be back here in a few months complaining that you can't find parts or service......

Forget those, and just find a used Honda Recon or 250EX!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

:
I bought a Roketa and I need an oil seal for the front drive unit. It has been over
two monthes and I still dont have one . If I had it to do over I would not buy any
China made ATV. You cant get parts for them and the Dealer I bought from cant
get any either.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

If it does not say Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki or Kawasaki on it I would not bother .......

Of course some people will say Arctic Cat, Polaris or Can-Am are also good depending on the application ......

I know a guy who bought a Kymco Mongoose because he just wanted something small to run around the trails with his kids. The thing was a huge pile of crap and was broken more than it was running ..... the thing would die every time he went through water because the electronics were exposed and not sealed very good..... it had a whole host of problems....

He sold it and went with a slightly used Honda 250ex for what amounted to about $500 more than the Kymco cost him........

Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

would you please forward to me the info you have listed for the hi-bird 250 cc atvs? at those prices i am willing to take a chance on orering! will let you know first hand how they perform.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wvmtn2

would you please forward to me the info you have listed for the hi-bird 250 cc atvs? at those prices i am willing to take a chance on orering! will let you know first hand how they perform.[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Just remember one thing ........

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

You are better off buying a used Honda (or something) than buying some crappy Chinese junker. If you are serious about ATV riding, it is not worth "taking a chance" just because something is cheap.

I paid $1800 for my 2000 Honda Rancher and I would trust that thing to ride me across the Mojave with no problems. But there is no way in heck that I would trust a 2008 model no-name brand ATV to do the same. The last thing you want to do is push home your ATV.

When my Rancher breaks (it has not yet) I can go to the local dealer and have any part within a few days max....... Where are you going to go when your "Generic 450" needs something?

I know quite a few people like you who thought they would get something cheap at the local Tractor Supply or some other random ATV because it was "just for hunting" or they "were not going to ride it much anyway" ...but you know what happens? They learn quickly how useful and fun ATVs are and suddenly their no-name ATV is being used more than it can handle and it is broken. And often times once they are broken the first time, that is it..... they stay broken so long that they end up sitting for months....

Of course no matter what I say, you are going to do what you want anyway. And if you are determined to get some China Brand ATV no one is going to stop you. But I would bet the price of the Chinese ATV spent on a good used Honda or Yamaha or Suzuki would get you a far better machine that you can actually ride or work like it was intended with few problems .......

Good luck with your choice....

Old 09-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

Hi,
You do need to be carefull when choosing a brand. We have chosen to offer products that are at a great price without sacrificing quality. Check out or web site. We also have tech people that provide great customer support and we offer replacement parts as well. I think more people need to also check out the company they buy from as well as the product they are buying. Brand name is not everything.
visit our web site